MA - Master of Arts
Rapid advancements in technology and changing consumer habits have significantly increased the amount of useful data available to businesses.
This means the ability to manage and manipulate data to enable businesses to use their marketing resources effectively is in high demand.
If you're detail-oriented and want to develop your analysis skills to capitalise on this data revolution, this MA Marketing Analytics Master's degree is ideal.
You'll gain the knowledge and skills to apply data analytics in a marketing context, and uncover insights that help businesses create value for customers. You'll learn how to measure performance of marketing campaigns, uncover opportunities for boosting marketing performance, get a rich understanding of customers, and understand competitors.
You'll also get a grounding in core marketing theories and models, and have the chance to establish your own marketing agency, working with the local business community.
The future belongs to agile businesses that are equipped to act on the right data insights, at the right time. You'll graduate with the know-how and practical experience to do this for prospective employers.
What you'll experience
On this Marketing Analytics Master's, you'll:
- Learn how to analyse and interpret data, and forecast future market and consumer trends
- Develop your knowledge and practice in key marketing disciplines, such as consumer insights and analytics, social media marketing, applied marketing analytics, competitor research and data science
- Apply what you learn, as you learn, including establishing your own marketing agency, working with the local business community
- Develop transferable skills you can apply in all areas of your life, such as critical thinking, independent research, teamwork, verbal and written communication, analytical thinking and ethical practice
- Benefit from the experience of external guest speakers from a range of backgrounds – past speakers on similar courses include Jo Pabari (Director of Good Stuff Consulting and marketing consultant for Heineken, PepsiCo, Heinz and Twinings) and Emma Searle (Head of Digital at Verb Brands, a leading digital agency for luxury and premium brands)
Careers and opportunities
Demand for professionals with specialist data skills more than tripled between 2014 and 2019. This demand is likely to continue to grow (The Royal Society, 2019).
With your Master's, you could work in many digital marketing and data analytics fields when you graduate, including marketing analysis, consumer insight and planning, and market research.
Roles you could work in include:
- Data analyst
- Data planner
- Digital marketing analyst
- Research and engagement marketing executive
- Market intelligence analyst
- Business strategy analyst
Data numeracy is consistently highlighted as a key skill-set required by employers and today’s marketing practitioners must be adept at sourcing, analysing and communicating data. Therefore, the ability to turn data analysis into useful insights and strategic planning is vital to success in all areas of the marketing industry.
You'll also be able to pursue further studies at postgraduate or research level, or set up your own businesses with help and support from the University.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 16,400per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Portsmouth, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP, England
49th out of 110 5
21st out of 84 2
Entry standards/ Max 236113 47%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10087 87%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.03 81%
Entry standards/ Max 200117 57%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10090 90%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.86 77%