Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
In a world full of distractions, businesses rely on effective marketing to understand their customers, communicate the value of their products and services and outperform their competitors.
This BA (Hons) Marketing degree course gives you the knowledge and analytical and creative skills you need to excel as a professional marketer.
You'll get a grounding in essential business skills and learn the role marketing plays in successful organisations. You'll learn how to use customer insight, research and the latest marketing software to understand your customers and markets to supercharge your marketing strategies and communications.
You'll study topics including strategic marketing, advertising and digital marketing and choose modules that suit your interests and career ambitions in areas such as public relations (PR), sales management, social marketing and consumer behaviour theory.
You'll have plenty of opportunities to apply your marketing knowledge and hone your creativity, critical analysis, problem solving, teamwork and communication skills on live campaigns with businesses. After year 2, you'll have the chance to enhance your career prospects and apply your skills in the workplace on a placement year. By the end of the course, you'll have the experience and skills for a career in any area of marketing, ensuring that you offer products and services in the right place, at the time right time, to the right people.
This course is accredited by European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Programme Accreditation System (EPAS).
What you'll experience
On this course you can:
- Tailor your studies by choosing modules that match your career aspirations, strengths and interests
- Learn from experienced marketers who have worked across many business sectors
- Study for a year at a partner university in the USA, Canada, Australia, Europe or the Far East
- Interact with the marketing industry and demonstrate your skills to potential employers – our first year marketing students recently won a national competition organised by educational publishers Pearson
- Get additional certifications and the chance to obtain a recognised industry professional qualification alongside your degree
Careers and opportunities
Effective marketing is more than simply communicating with consumers. Marketing graduates with the ability to analyse and interpret data and understand markets and customers – in addition to creative skills – are always in demand.
When you graduate, you could work in the public, private or charity sectors as an in-house marketer or for an agency.
You could also join a graduate training scheme, continue your studies at postgraduate level or set up successful businesses with help and support from the University.
Areas you could work in include:
- product management and distribution
- content marketing
- marketing research
- marketing campaigns
- public relations
- digital marketing
- marketing consultancy
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you finish your course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course.
We can help you identify placements, internships and voluntary roles that will complement your studies and build your CV.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 15,500per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- UCAS Points
- Access to HE Diploma
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
A level :
112-128 Tariff points from 3 A levels.VIEW MORE
University League Table
University of Portsmouth, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP, England
21st out of 84 2
Entry standards/ Max 200117 57%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10090 90%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.86 77%