Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
Mathematics with Education, at Aberystwyth University, will develop your appreciation of advanced mathematical and statistical techniques and cover a broad spectrum of childhood development activities that include the sociological, psychological and educational facets that influence the development of children.
On this course, you will spend two-thirds of your time in the Mathematics Department and one third in the School of Education. The degree utilises the expertise of each department to offer you a highly relevant and stimulating programme which is very attractive to employers.
In addition to the specialist mathematical and analytical skills, you will acquire through the degree, you will also gain a broad range of transferable skills which will serve you well in any career. You will be able to able to apply for PGCE teacher training courses at either Primary or Secondary level. Also, as long as you meet the entry requirements, you will be guaranteed an interview for PGCE at Aberystwyth.
Why study Mathematics with Education at Aberystwyth University?
- Mathematics with Education will help you engage with the latest theories surrounding the modern classroom, with the added specialism of mathematics.
- You will be pushed to improve your legislative knowledge.
- Discover more about a discipline that combines the identification and analysis of shapes and patterns with data collection and calculation.
- A gateway to careers in a variety of sectors from finance to administration as well as in education.
Employability is embedded across our teaching.
Our graduates have been successful in the fields of:
- humanitarian organisations
- teaching and education (including SEN)
- social care
- speech therapy
- social work
- community education
- investment analysis
- information technology
On completion of this degree you will have gained skills in the following:
- research and data analysis skills
- enhanced mathematical and computational skills
- effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- thorough grounding in information technology skills
- ability to work independently
- time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- the ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form
- self-motivation and self-reliance
- team-working, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,600per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : BCC - BBB
To include B in A-level Mathematics.VIEW MORE
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
67th out of 81 1
33rd out of 72 5
Entry standards/ Max 201119 60%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10066 66%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.27 85%
Entry standards/ Max 236127 53%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10078 78%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.54 91%