MBA - Master of Business Administration
Leicester Castle Business School
Reasons to study MBA for Engineers at De Montfort University:
The MBA for Engineers is designed for individuals who have gained professional credentials and work experience in any engineering field. Its primary aim is to build on the technical knowledge of its participants to prepare them for progression toward management and leadership roles in their organisations. Participants on the programme will gain practical knowledge in core business areas and specialist areas of their choosing.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) is involved in the curriculum to produce a distinctive programme.
- Leicester Castle Business School is an official higher education partner of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). In addition, the course is endorsed by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The course will deliver a balance of theory and praxis by developing an in-depth critical appreciation of conceptual underpinnings in business management and contextual application.
- You will learn the science and art of management through the study and application of theory and through case study and experiential learning in core business areas: leadership, strategy, finance and corporate social responsibility, and specialist knowledge in areas of business such as project management, risk management, data management and cyber security, operations management, client management and contract management.
- Throughout the programme, a coaching approach to leadership training is utilised to help participants discover and hone an effective personal leadership style.
- You may opt to participate in a DMUglobal programme to enhance the development of their final dissertation or project.
- You will have an opportunity to apply your knowledge and explore key challenges faced by the 21st century organisation in a final dissertation or project.
- The programme will provide an extensive, detailed and critical understanding of the difference between project finance and other corporate finance alternatives, including the main motivations and rationale for the use of project finance.
- The programme will critically apply core analytical techniques in undertaking a strategic audit and in supporting specific elements of the strategy process.
- The programme will evaluate possible actions of a corporation in response to environmental, social and economic impacts.
- You will understand and critically apply new knowledge to the engineering and management contexts.
Leicester Castle Business School is an HE accredited partner of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). The CMI is the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence.
The course is endorsed by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
This is our innovative international experience programme which aims to enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons - helping you to become a global graduate, equipped to meet the needs of employers across the world.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 9BH, England
50th out of 123 5
Entry standards/ Max 209106 49%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10084 84%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.93 79%
Master of Business Administration MBA, PGCert, by distance learning
University of Leicester
University league table
Partnership Masters Programme: Engineering Project Management MSc
University of Portsmouth
Business & Management Studies league table44