MBA - Master of Business Administration
Run at the client site in the region of United Kingdom
Distance / Online
In a changing world, leadership is the ability to influence a group towards goals and values which are sustainable and contain a vision for the future. Designed for tomorrow’s leader, the MBA in Leadership and Sustainability creates distinctive managers with a unique leadership-oriented career opportunity. This programme in Leadership and Sustainability creates individuals who have the ability to be far-sighted and actively engage with their environment to responsibly transform ideas into reality.
Our online MBA can act as a catalyst to your business knowledge and infuse new perspectives to your professional goals. Thanks to our partnership with Robert Kennedy College, you can study at a pace that suits you, with the ability to fast track for completion in 18 months. Get involved in this exciting opportunity to take the first MBA in the world that focuses on Leadership and Sustainability.
The MBA has been shaped to form what the programme team believes to be a unique curriculum. It allows students to:
- Gain a UK Higher Education Institution accredited MBA.
- Study in their own time (in whatever time-zone in which they live).
- Study at their own pace (within the current period of University of Cumbria regulations for part-time study).
- Attend a residential event in the heart of the English Lake District, with opportunities for further travel in the UK if desired.
- Continue to live in their own country/location without disrupting family life.
- Continue to pursue their existing career without a break.
The MBA in Leadership and Sustainability programme aims to develop an understanding and critical appreciation of the theories, tools and techniques of leadership and management that will enable graduates to more effectively participate in leading organisational change. In doing so, the programme seeks to improve the quality of management as a profession. In particular, the overarching purpose is, in the context of the specific award, to provide students with:
- An advanced understanding of the management of organisations and the changing external context in which they operate;
- Opportunities for the systematic development of the skills of objective analysis, evaluation, and presentation to enable students to develop confidence in effectively appraising and implementing management strategies;
- An ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, and to have a critical understanding of how business and management practice may be improved;
- A stimulating academic environment which is based upon the values of academic openness and critical appraisal.
The programme consists of the standard 180 Level-7 credits that constitute an NQF (UK National Qualifications Framework) Masters award, the content being informed by QAA (UK Quality Assurance Agency) benchmark statements for Business and Management programmes. 60 credits of the programme are provided by a dissertation.
An MBA is the prime management qualification, providing a catalyst for those with strong career aspirations.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Cumbria, Registered Office, Fusehill Street, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 2HH, England
110th out of 123 6
Entry standards/ Max 209112 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10055 55%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.62 72%