Close icon

Personalise what you see on this page.

Choose from the options below. We'll show you information based on your current location as default.

I'M FROM

  • United States
Please select so we can show the most relevant content.

LIVING IN

  • United States
Please select so we can show the most relevant content.

LOOKING FOR

  • Undergraduate courses
Please select so we can show the most relevant content.
Viewing as a student from United States living in United States interested in Undergraduate courses

Course options

  • Qualification

    Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)

  • Location

    Main Site

  • Study mode

    Full time

  • Start date

    26-SEP-22

  • Duration

    4 Years

Course summary

**Why Warwick?**The University of Warwick is a world-leading university, born out of boldness, imagination and collaboration. We’ve built a strong reputation for upholding the highest academic and research standards.Today, more than 27,000 students thrive in a supportive, welcoming space where everything you need to study, live and have fun is close to hand. Explore what Warwick has to offer, and you’ll develop a skillset that sets you apart, and sets you up to succeed. What that success looks like is up to you.**The course**This flexible degree programme allows you to study two or three languages and cultures to degree level. Alongside your language study, you can develop a specialism in the culture of your major language and also have the opportunity to study thematic modules across cultures. (If you wish to divide your time equally between two languages and their associated cultures, a joint honours combination may be more suitable).You can choose one of two different routes on this degree:- On route one (two languages), you specialise in one language and culture, while studying a second language as a minor subject.- On route two (three languages) you focus on two major languages and cultures, while taking a third language as a minor subject. In your first year you will select a culture module from one language.On route one you can choose your major language from: French, German, Italian or Spanish. Your second language can be selected from: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian or Spanish. 50% of your time will be devoted to language learning and the other 50% of your time will be spent studying cultural modules focused on your major language and/or selected from modules offered within the School.On route two you can choose two languages from: French, German, Italian or Spanish. Your third language will be selected from: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian or Spanish. 75% of your degree will be devoted to language learning and the remaining 25% of your time will be spent studying cultural modules focusing on one or more of your major languages.We offer a wide range of modules within the School of Modern Languages and Cultures and the full range is open to you on both routes of this course. You will normally spend your second or third year abroad consolidating and enhancing your learning.

Application deadline

15 January

Tuition fees

Students living in United States
(international fees)

Information not available

Please check with the institution for most up to date details.

Entry requirements

Choose a qualification

A level : AAB

To include A in a language. You must possess an A level in your first language choice (French, German, Italian or Spanish). Offers exclude General Studies and Critical Thinking.

VIEW MORE

Do you need to know more?

Ask a question directly and subscribe to this university

REQUEST INFO

University information

University image

University of Warwick

  • University League Table

    10th

  • Campus address

    University of Warwick, Coventry, Coventry, CV4 7AL, England

Subject rankings

  • Subject ranking

    9th out of 33 2

  • Entry standards

    / Max 222
    148 71%

    10th

    3
  • Graduate prospects

    / Max 100
    n/a

  • Student satisfaction

    / Max 5
    4.20 84%

    7th

    4

Is this page useful?

Yes No

Sorry about that...

HOW CAN WE IMPROVE IT?

SUBMIT

Thanks for your feedback!