MSc - Master of Science
Edinburgh Napier University
The first and only MSc Business Event Management in the UK to offer a blended and block delivery mode.
This Blended Learning post-graduate degree is provided in consultation with Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC), a national and global player in the events industry.
The blended learning and block delivery method ensures the programme fits in with the efficiency needs of employees and employers; as students can study while either working in the industry, or can continue to work in their current day job if they are considering a career in this expanding and fast-paced sector.
Our unique premium programme heightens your capacity to interface with the multi-faceted components that are needed in the business event environment; and Edinburgh - a truly international business, creative industries and cultural hub - is the perfect city to do this.
As part of the degree you can enjoy practical experience with our events partner the EICC - an international venue with a passion for hosting world-changing events.
This an opportunity to ensure the theory, strategic models and examples we work with really make sense for your professional employment - now and into the future.
Important elements of the programme
- Blended block teaching mode for professionals, which ensures both flexibility and learning support
- Access to national and international knowledge
- Association with national and international organisations
- Applied understanding through industry experience, speakers and visits
- At the leading university in Scotland for MSc Business Event Management
- Benefit of the relationship with ICCA
- Opportunity to attain competency certification for internationally recognised event management software use.
Throughout the course, there will be two areas of assessment for each module, this will be an assessment and examination. Each of these are supported by the innovative block teaching mode.
- Corporate Event Planning
- Meetings Planning
- Conference and Exhibition Organisation
- Business Event Management
- Convention Management
- Incentive Travel Planning
- Working within the association industry
- Corporate Sales Management
- Destination Marketing Organisation
- National/Regional Tourism Organisation
- Hotel and Visitor Attractions.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 14,062per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
Edinburgh Napier University, 219 Colinton Road, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, City Of, EH14 1DJ, Scotland
49th out of 123 9
Entry standards/ Max 209157 72%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10070 70%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.92 78%