MSc - Master of Science
Our MSc in Healthcare Leadership course is suitable for doctors, pharmacists, allied health professionals, nursing and midwifery registrants and non-clinical staff who are postgraduate. You must have responsibility for leadership and management in a range of health service settings, or wish to advance into a leadership role.
The MSc Healthcare Leadership is awarded by BPP University.
This course will give you the opportunity to learn alongside colleagues from a diverse range of professional settings to gain an in-depth understanding of the key principles, practice of leadership and subjects affecting today’s leaders in the NHS.
Why choose the MSc Healthcare Leadership?
- Opportunity to learn alongside colleagues from a diverse range of professional settings
- Gain an in-depth understanding of key principles, practice and key issues in NHS leadership
- In-depth knowledge of the NHS Commissioning Board’s new regions, local area teams and clinical commissioning groups
- Learn leadership strategies: influence, team work and organisational development
- Learn how to implement and design organisational education strategies
- The course will be delivered as study days during each term
- A minimum of two tutorials will be provided to support students throughout each module (face-to-face, online or by telephone)
- Distance Learning: Students who wish to complete their studies via distance learning will access all materials via the VLE
- Study days will be augmented with online lectures and learning materials via the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Students will complete summative assessments, which have been designed to enable critical reflection and application of theory to practice in all aspects of their work practice.
Gain an understanding of the changes taking place within the NHS, both nationally and locally, with specific reference to the NHS Commissioning Board and its new Regions, Local Area Teams and Clinical Commissioning Groups and how these may be influenced. Enhance your knowledge and skills to effectively engage in the role and responsibilities required of an effective team player, leader of a team, to become proactive in service innovation and improvements, as well as informing Education Strategy which can ultimately influence the transformation of care services, staff and organisational performance and commissioning.
Learning platforms include
How the course is taught
This programme will give you the opportunity to learn alongside colleagues from a diverse range of professional settings to gain an in-depth understanding of the key principles, practice of leadership and subjects affecting today’s leaders in the NHS.
You will be able to study alongside your busy workload. Materials will be accessible through online and classroom-based delivery with one to one tutor support. You will be required to complete on average 40 hours of study per week if studying the programme full time to meet and achieve the theoretical requirements of the programme and assessment.
Our MSc Healthcare Leadership has three entry points:
Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Leadership
Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Leadership
MSc Healthcare Leadership
Assessments and examinations
5,000-word Service Innovation and Improvement Project, 20 minute PowerPoint presentation, 3,500-word reflection, 5,000-word structured research protocol, 10,000-15,000-word dissertation.
Gain an in-depth understanding of the key principles, practice of leadership and subjects affecting today’s leaders in the NHS.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
BPP University, BPP House, Aldine Place, London, Hammersmith And Fulham, W12 8AA, England