MSc - Master of Science
University of Salford
This is the only Performance Analysis master's degree in the North West of England. The online theoretical content will provide the basis for the ‘on campus’ sessions, in order to put your learning into practice and provide some context to the theories.
Throughout this course, you will study the discipline of Performance Analysis in Sport and gain an understanding of how this vastly growing sector interacts with a multitude of Sports Science disciplines.
- Have access to industry standard Performance Analysis equipment and be taught by industry professionals
- Learn how this exciting discipline is used across sports to enhance performance
- Generate an understanding of how Performance Analysis can be utilised in relation to sport injuries and how this can be measured
- Have the opportunity to conduct some primary research that could lead to publications, which may inform future Performance Analysis practice
This course is available both part-time and full-time and is delivered via a blended learning approach, which includes:
- Workshops (three days per module, per semester). These are interactive, discursive, reflective, participatory, collaborative and practice related sessions that employ a variety of teaching and learning methods. As the course progresses these will become progressively more student-led, with you presenting case studies for peer and tutor review.
- Individual scholarly activity.
- Self-directed learning, personal reflection, practice-based application and reflection, including peer and tutor review.
- Distance learning resources.
- Delivery of supporting resources such as study guides and lecture material online.
- Facilitated group work, including tutor and peer evaluation, are a key component of this course.
- Personal tutor and peer support, to provide an academic, practice-based and personal support mechanism alongside facilitated networking.
Assessment methods will vary depending on the module. They include:
- Case studies (written and oral presentations)
- Viva vocé
- Literature review
- Practical assessments
- Journal articles (research reports written in the format of a journal article)
- Research proposal
- Consultancy Pitch Presentation
- Report Writing
This programme has strong links with several premierships and football league clubs, as well as local rugby and basketball teams.
As part of this programme, you would be expected to assess athlete performance and put forward suggestions for improvement. Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be equipped with the required skills to apply for ISPAS (International Society of Performance Analysis of Sport) accreditation.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 14,670per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Salford, The Crescent, Salford, Manchester, M5 4WT, England
81st out of 123 3
46th out of 84 4
Entry standards/ Max 209114 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10064 64%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.83 77%
Entry standards/ Max 203137 69%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10065 65%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.19 84%