Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
This degree offers you the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence before you advance to stage one of your honours degree.
Skilled professionals are increasingly in demand to help improve health and wellbeing in our society. This pioneering course equips you for graduate-level roles in all aspects of health and exercise promotion.
- Choose a four-year course, starting with a foundation year to introduce you to this dynamic subject and improve your skills, confidence and knowledge
- Take a route which is ideal for anyone thinking of a new career direction or who are keen to explore a new subject
- Realise your potential on an original and far-sighted programme covering all aspects of health and exercise promotion
- Develop your practical skills working in diverse settings and with clients of different ages, abilities and backgrounds
- Broaden your experience via unique work placement opportunities with organisations such as the Derby City Move More Consortium and JumpzFitness
- Explore the latest technologies and scientific approaches in our cutting-edge laboratory facilities
- Achieve additional qualifications in gym instruction and personal training to enhance your future prospects further still.
This specialist degree will equip you with the skills needed to make a real impact on improving health and wellbeing in today's society. You will also gain additional qualifications in gym instruction and personal training.
You'll explore the importance of physical activity and nutrition in preventing and managing disease, as well as promoting optimal health. You'll enjoy inspirational work placement opportunities with local partner organisations such as Move More Derby, Livewell Consortium and Sporting Futures. You'll draw on the latest scientific evidence, some of which is being developed by our own researchers.
The skills you will gain will help bring about positive change in individual attitudes to exercise and nutrition, and contribute towards meeting ambitious government and local authority targets for reducing inactivity.
Foundation Year - helping you to achieve more
Including a foundation year as part of your four-year study programme will give you a head start in your academic and professional life. The foundation year offers the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence – with extensive support from our expert staff – before you advance to stage one of your honours degree. It could also be beneficial if you are planning a career change and want to get to grips with aspects of subjects which are new to you.
Our degrees with a foundation year are continuous, meaning that you won’t need to apply again once you have successfully completed the first year.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 14,045per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, Derby, DE22 1GB, England
57th out of 84 5
Entry standards/ Max 203123 62%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10067 67%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.94 79%