Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
The career-enhancing Physics degree at Aberystwyth University is accredited by the Institute of Physics (IOP) and designed to help you fulfill your potential in a supportive learning environment.
Physics is one of the oldest academic disciplines, but one which makes significant contributions to modern society, with theoretical breakthroughs feeding into new sciences and fostering modern technologies.
The concepts of Physics form the basis of most scientific language and the subject finds its way into most modern science and technology, enhancing the scope for your future employment prospects.
Why study Physics at Aberystwyth?
- On completion of this degree you will leave with accreditation by the IOP (Institute of Physics).
- Physics has been taught at Aberystwyth since its foundation and it continues to be an innovative learning experience for all.
- You will be taught by experts in their field.
- Our Researchers are involved in the current European Space Agency ExoMars 2020 Project and engineering low dimensional materials (i.e. graphene).
Our graduates have discovered career paths in:
- Medical Physicist
- Radiation Protection Practitioner
- Research Scientist
Other graduates from our department have sought careers in:
- Systems Developer
- Product Development
- Technical Author
Employability is embedded across all of our teaching and ethics. We instil these skills in our students:
- research and data analysis skills
- enhanced mathematical and computational skills
- effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- ability to work independently
- time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form
- self-motivation and self-reliance
- teamworking, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 16,300per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : BBC - BBB
To include B in A-level Physics and B in A-level Mathematics.VIEW MORE
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
46th out of 50 5
Entry standards/ Max 240112 49%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10076.0 76%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.25 85%