Master of Physics - MPhys
Join one of the most respected Department of Physics in the country and enjoy the flexibility, choice and challenge of our MPhys Physics with Study in Europe degree.
The course combines a comprehensive study of physics with an exciting year of study abroad in Europe, with most students heading off to universities in France, Spain, Italy or Germany.
You will get a working knowledge of a European language and a different culture, with language tuition - including some physics tutorials in the language - forming an integral part of the course.
The course will provide you with a solid foundation in classical physics and introduce you to newer ideas. Working with leading academics and accessing our incredible facilities, you will be well placed to progress along your physics journey.
- We will provide you with a solid foundation in classical physics and introduce newer ideas - and will encourage you to choose from a wide range of options, covering a diverse number of topics.
- You will undertake an exciting year of study in Europe, typically studying at a university in France, Spain, Italy or Germany.
- We will provide access to a fantastic array of facilities, and you will work with world-leading physics academics.
Teaching and learning
You will undertake a variety of timetabled activities, including lectures, laboratory work, tutorials, workshops and examples classes.
Coursework and assessment
Course units are normally assessed formally at the end of the semester; you will also likely be marked via assignments and continual assessment.
Your MPhys Physics with Study in Europe qualification will open up a whole world of opportunity. The course develops your numerical and analytical skills as a physicist, along with your ability to communicate effectively in a scientific environment in a second European language.
As a graduate with study abroad experience you will be in a particularly strong position to compete for research positions overseas, or for employment with companies with international connections.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Higher
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- Access to HE Diploma
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Extended Project
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Foundation Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
A level : A*A*A
Grades A*A*A, with A* in Physics and Mathematics.VIEW MORE
University League Table
The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PL, England
6th out of 50 2
Entry standards/ Max 240198 88%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10094.0 94%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.05 81%