Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
When you've decided you want to be a primary school teacher, you'll want your degree to lead you smoothly into this fulfilling, rewarding career. At Worcester, we have excellent contacts with the schools in the region where you'll do your placements. They also keep us up to date with job vacancies, so not surprisingly, our employability statistics are very impressive.
You'll also experience a great sense of community on the course. The majority of sessions are delivered in small seminar groups, with some whole cohort sessions. You will receive excellent academic and personal support from your tutors throughout the course and exceptional guidance from mentors and colleagues in school.
- 95% overall student satisfaction (NSS 2020) for the Primary Teaching programme.
- An appropriate balance between teaching and placements, including placement in the first term, where you'll experience school life and learn about the role of the class teacher.
- The opportunity to carry out placements in different schools to provide a broad yet personalised experienced, tailored to specific needs.
- Developing Self' module ensures mental health and wellbeing sit at the heart of our programme and provide opportunities for your personal and professional development.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) on successful completion of the course- Opportunities to work with innovative schools to enhance professional practice.
Learn more about the course at our Open Days
Visiting us is the best way to get a feel for student life at the University of Worcester. Explore the campus, meet our lecturers and talk to current students.
Why the University of Worcester?
The University of Worcester is a close-knit and high-achieving community where students are supported to succeed at every level.
The University is a truly inclusive place where every person counts as an individual. From designing imaginative facilities to providing practical support and tailored learning, we strive to help people of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve their own rich potential. We work hard to break down barriers and provide opportunities for all.
Recent Worcester achievements
- University of the Year - Finalist - 2019 Times Higher Education Awards and UK Social Mobility Awards
- 1st for Quality Education - 2019 Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Outstanding Support for Students - Finalist - 2019 Times Higher Education Awards
- Top 10 for Student Satisfaction - 2019 National Student Survey
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
- Sustainability Institution of the Year - Finalist - 2019 Green Gown Awards
If you’re applying to be a first year undergraduate student and accept a conditional or unconditional offer as your first choice by 1 May and apply for accommodation before 31 May, you are guaranteed a place in our University-managed accommodation.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,100per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Worcester, Henwick Grove, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR2 6AJ, England
44th out of 84 16
Entry standards/ Max 201121 58%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10072.0 72%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.19 84%