MSc - Master of Science
Develop a comprehensive understanding of the broad class of medicines called advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) with the innovative MSc Regenerative Medicine Manufacturing course here at Aston University.
Course outline and what you will study
Regenerative medicine is a rapidly developing field that uses methods including stem cell regeneration, cell and gene therapies and tissue engineering to treat and cure multiple diseases.
Working in this discipline requires a thorough understanding of the fundamental biology that underpins human cells and the ways in which they can be harvested, differentiated and delivered to patients in regenerative medicine applications. It offers new opportunities for treatment that are of increasing value in modern healthcare.
Our MSc Regenerative Medicines Manufacturing course will provide you with detailed knowledge on advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs). Throughout this course you will:
- Gain an awareness of the tools and technologies in the manufacture of regenerative medicine products including tissue engineered constructs and cell and gene therapies such as stem cell products and CAR-T cell immunotherapies.
- Cover the biological science underpinning these medicines and also the wider commercial considerations for translating them from lab bench into clinic.
- Learn typical industrial manufacturing processes and regulatory considerations.
- Study a wide range of modules which will provide you with the foundation for a career in industry or academia,either in research and development or in business development. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared for a number of research focused roles including industry, PhD studies and careers in the commercial or clinical sector.
Learning, teaching, assessment and staff
You will encounter a variety of teaching and learning methods, including:
- Practical classes
- A research project, likely to be a laboratory-based project where you will collect and analyse your own data
- Some modules will include group work
- The core employability module will use visiting lecturers from industry to illustrate the potential employment avenues for graduates of this course.
Your future career prospects
The focus of the course on industry challenges will provide a strong foundation for careers both in industry and academia across research, development and commercial sectors.
Graduates who study this course can expect to go in to roles such as commercialisation of cell therapies, across business, manufacturing and research.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 18,900per year
University League Table
Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, Birmingham, B4 7ET, England
25th out of 31
21st out of 46 3
Entry standards/ Max 245119 51%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10076 76%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.03 81%
Entry standards/ Max 222119 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10098 98%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.12 82%