Certificate of Higher Education - CertHE
The programme is primarily targeted at people working in social enterprise or with an interest who are aware of potential and challenges of social enterprise as an aspect of business.
The aim of the programme is to empower people with skills and knowledge that they need to further develop social enterprises as a component of a future sustainable economy.
The programme is available as a class-based or fully online course.
As a Social Enterprise Management student at UWTSD’s Carmarthen Business School, you will be part of a supportive learning community with enthusiastic, research-active staff who endeavour to help you maximize your time at UWTSD.
The programme has the following aims:
- To increase students’ understanding of social enterprises, their management, the economy and the business environment within a changing local and global context
- To prepare students for a career in social enterprise management by developing professional skills and intellectual skills, including critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity and reflection.
- To engender a future-facing outlook including learning to think about the consequences of actions, and how business and society can be adapted to contribute to sustainable futures.
- To produce graduates who are global citizens and who contribute to shaping a sustainable world through their personal and professional lives.
- To prepare students for further study.
We have links with a wide range of organisations, many of whom offer the opportunity for our students to engage in live project work as part of their studies.
The Cert HE Social Enterprise Management aims to develop graduates which leave with skills and understanding which will make them employable beyond tomorrow, shaping the future of business and specifically social enterprise.
We believe that graduate employability is not just what they can offer organisations today but also how they can change an organisation for tomorrow, evidenced through our Green Gown award for Tomorrow’s Employees.
The programme will build on established business and organisational networks and staff will actively engage in the creation of new partnerships with leading social enterprises, organisations and individuals.
Students will engage in real-life problems through fieldwork, research, guest lectures and organisational seminars.
Successful graduates from the programme may also apply for Level 5 entry to Carmarthen Business School’s BA Business and Management or BA Rural Enterprise Management programmes.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 11,500per year
University League Table
University of Wales Trinity Saint David, College Road, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire, SA31 3EP, Wales
109th out of 123 6
Entry standards/ Max 209113 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10056 56%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.18 84%