Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
- 5th for satisfaction with your course by the Guardian University Guide 2021.
- UK TOP 10 for Graduate Prospects by the Complete University Guide 2021.
- We are ranked Top 20 in the UK for Research Excellence [Research Excellence Framework 2014-2021].
- World-ranked [QS World University Rankings].
Our BSc Software Engineering degree will teach you about computer graphics, computer systems modelling, software engineering, data visualisation, how to write mobile apps and some of the more advanced theoretical aspects of computer science. You will develop your programming skills in C and Java. Students on our software engineering degree will learn the fundamentals of computer science before specialising in software testing, design patterns and generic programming.
WHY SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AT SWANSEA?
Computer Science at Swansea University has an excellent reputation and major appeal to students from far and wide.
Within six months of leaving, 93% of graduates are either in employment or continuing their studies.
Your learning will be shaped by inspirational and internationally-renowned academics including Professor Matt Jones, whose passion is empowering rural digital communities in the developing world and in the UK.
Swansea University holds a TEF Gold award, UK Government recognition of teaching excellence.
YOUR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE
- A flexibly structured degree path means you have the opportunity to study abroad for a year or work in industry for a year, either locally, nationally or overseas.
- Our £32.5 million Computational Foundry is home to state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities which include a Vision and Biometric Lab, Maker Lab, Theory Lab, Cyber Security/Networking Lab, User Lab and Visualisation Suite.
- Students will benefit from world-leading experimental set-ups, equipment, devices and prototypes to accelerate innovation. You will have the opportunity to learn about and work with these facilities.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Our graduates have become: Analyst Developers, Business Analysts, Computer Programmers, Electronic Engineers, Graphic Designers, Software Developers and Machine Learning Engineers with companies that include IBM, Google, Disney, Facebook, Microsoft and Sony.
We hold an annual 'Project Fair' giving students the chance to display their third year projects to leading industry experts. Companies such as Google often visit our students to give lectures on 'how to get a job with tech giants'.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 16,650per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Swansea, SA2 8PP, Wales
23rd out of 110 2
Entry standards/ Max 236137 57%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10093 93%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.14 83%