Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
This degree offers you the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence before you advance to stage one of your honours degree.
Set yourself apart as an industry-ready sports therapist and rehabilitation specialist, fully prepared to go into practice after graduation. Starting your studies with a foundation year gives you all the support you need to excel.
- Choose the four-year degree incorporating a foundation year for a stimulating introduction to this crucial sphere of the sports industry
- Take a route which is designed especially for students considering a new career or who are keen to explore a new subject area
- Fulfil your ambitions on a course which sets high academic and professional standards, with accreditation from The Society of Sports Therapists
- Apply theory to practice by undertaking over 200 hours of clinical placements working under expert supervision
- Perfect your techniques in manual therapy, exercise therapy and sports massage to aid the rehabilitation process
- Go on exciting fieldtrips to major events where you can see sports therapists in action
- Take full advantage of the outstanding learning facilities in our new sports centre
- Learn from highly experienced staff who regularly provide professional consultancy services to elite track and field athletes, golfers and footballers.
Clients and patients rely on sports therapists to help them reach optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports-specific fitness. As a professional working in this field, you’ll harness the principles of sport and exercise to help boost performance and develop injury prevention and rehabilitation programmes. You’ll also deliver assessments and treatments in a variety of recreational, training and competitive settings.
This course offers a powerful blend of science and practice. You’ll gain in-depth knowledge of anatomy and movement while covering the rehabilitation process in all its aspects, including manual therapy techniques, exercise therapy, and sports massage.
Throughout, we introduce the latest research in this rapidly evolving discipline to help advance your practice as a therapist and ensure your work is informed by current thinking.
Foundation Year - helping you to achieve more
Including a foundation year as part of your four-year study programme will give you a head start in your academic and professional life. The foundation year offers the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence – with extensive support from our expert staff – before you advance to stage one of your honours degree. It could also be beneficial if you are planning a career change and want to get to grips with aspects of subjects which are new to you.
Our degrees with a foundation year are continuous, meaning that you won’t need to apply again once you have successfully completed the first year.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 14,045per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, Derby, DE22 1GB, England
15th out of 30 8
Entry standards/ Max 159139 77%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10098 98%
Student satisfaction/ Max 10088 88%