MSc - Master of Science
Aston University, Birmingham
Study MSc Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine at Aston University to start your career in one of the most crucial areas of research today. Our detailed and practical course will enable you to develop a comprehensive understanding of stem cell biology and regenerative medicine.
Course outline and what you wil study
The use of stem cells in regenerative medicine to repair diseased and damaged organs is one of the most crucial areas of research today. Through an increased understanding of stem cells, scientists are discovering new treatments and working towards curing numerous health conditions and diseases.
Our Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicines MSc course provides a high level of scientific knowledge so you gain an understanding of stem cell biology and regenerative medicine from the molecular to the whole system level.
Throughout this stem cell course you will:
- Develop a critical appreciation of recent scientific developments in these areas of modern biomedical sciences and their clinical and industrial application.
- Gain the necessary practical skills for further research and learning including PhD studies.
- Increase in laboratory competency as well as developing your professional and research skills through effective CV production and application and interview strategies that set you apart once you graduate.
- Gain in-depth knowledge via specialist modules that cover topics such as how immune systems interact with the application of stem cells and how stem cell and tissue engineering technologies are being employed and developed for drug development, screening and toxicology.
- Learn more about the involvement of ethical considerations in stem cell-based research and the application of regenerative medicines
- Develop an informed and critical appreciation of recent scientific developments in these areas of modern biomedical sciences and its clinical and industrial application
Learning, teaching, assessment and staff
You will encounter a variety of teaching and learning methods, including:
- Practical classes
- A research project, likely to be a laboratory-based project where you will collect and analyse your own data
- Some modules will include group work
- The core employability module will use visiting lecturers from industry to illustrate the potential employment avenues for graduates of this course.
Assessment will vary depending upon the module and will include both examinations and continuous assessment through coursework.
Graduates from this course are prepared for a research-focussed role in industry, including the developing clinical field of stem cell therapies of regenerative medicine, or academia.
You can therefore expect to apply for roles in further research, in the form of a PhD or research assistant, or undertake a career in the commercial or clinical sector.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 18,900per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, Birmingham, B4 7ET, England
34th out of 103 8
Entry standards/ Max 240119 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10083 83%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.95 79%
MSc Biomedical Science (Cellular Pathology)
University of Wolverhampton
University league table
PhD with Integrated Study Biomedical Science - Cell Biology and Immunology of Cancer
University of Southampton
Biological Sciences league table26