Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
This degree offers you the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence before you advance to stage one of your honours degree.
Prepare for a career where you can help athletes boost their performance and remain in peak condition. This course gives you highly specialised knowledge and advanced practical skills.
- Gain an edge by taking a foundation year as part of a four-year study programme to achieve your BSc (Hons) qualification
- Choose this route if you plan to change your career or want to explore a subject that is new to you
- Take your first steps towards professional accreditation in strength and conditioning
- Gain experience in the most up-to-date training methods and techniques
- Harness state-of-the-art technology in our dedicated strength and conditioning suite with its VICON 3D motion capture system
- Benefit from our longstanding partnerships with the likes of Derby County FC, Derbyshire County Cricket Club and Burton Albion FC
- Enhance your employability with opportunities to undertake work placements, shadow the professionals, go on fact-finding visits and enjoy masterclasses delivered by leading figures in the field
This far-sighted new course equips you for a career centred on maximising athlete performance, reducing the risk of injury and devising effective rehabilitation regimes. This is a field where technology and research are constantly evolving, so we keep you up-to-date with the latest developments.
Foundation Year - helping you to achieve more
Including a foundation year as part of your four-year study programme will give you a head start in your academic and professional life. The foundation year offers the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence – with extensive support from our expert staff – before you advance to stage one of your honours degree. It could also be beneficial if you are planning a career change and want to get to grips with aspects of subjects which are new to you.
Our degrees with a foundation year are continuous, meaning that you won’t need to apply again once you have successfully completed the first year.
Our course is specially designed to meet a growing demand for strength and conditioning specialists who are also skilled in injury rehabilitation and risk reduction. It has been launched at a time when greater collaboration is needed between sport science experts and medical or injury management teams.
We introduce you to the most up-to-date practices, techniques and applications so that you are fully prepared for a range of career roles in the sports industry.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 14,045per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, Derby, DE22 1GB, England
39th out of 54 9
Entry standards/ Max 167121 79%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10054 54%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.98 80%