- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Coventry University is a modern institution with a tradition of teaching excellence and student satisfaction. Bases across the country include CU London, CU Coventry and CU Scarborough. Bold international initiatives and partnerships with business in a variety of industries enable students to benefit from placements and international opportunities to enhance their prospects.
UCAS Code: C85
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 81%
- Postgraduate 19%
Mode of study
- Full Time 86%
- Part Time 14%
Where students come from
- UK 66%
- EU 9%
- Other 25%
- Male 53%
- Female 47%
Undergraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Student Services and Facilities
- The Lanchester Library is open 24/7, 364 days a year with 1400 individual study spaces and more than 500 computer workstations, as well as a free laptop loan service. Wi-Fi is available throughout the building including a dedicated postgraduate room and bookable group rooms. Spaces are zoned from silent to group and provide a variety of work environments to suit everyone.
- Students have access to over 350,000 print books, 160,000 e-books, 95,000 e-journals and a broad range of other online and multimedia resources.
- Learning Resource Centres at London and Scarborough campuses offer a full range of dedicated library services with support for study, in addition to access to local print collections and university's online collections.
- Dedicated Liaison Librarians can deliver subject-specific help and support. Working in collaboration with course tutors they provide both class teaching and one-to-one appointments. Friendly roving enquiry staff answer queries across the Lanchester Library's five floors.
- The Futureworks, based in TheHub, is Coventry University's own recruitment agency. It helps students to find flexible, part-time work locally that fits around their studies. This helps students build CV-boosting employability skills, as well as earning extra money to help make the most student life.
- Students can find part-time work with the university itself, including work as a student ambassador. Student ambassadors play a big part in university Open Days, meeting potential applicants, answering questions and providing tours of the campus.
- Coventry provides an outstanding range of support facilities. These include faculty-based Employability Service teams, a central Careers service, Enterprise HUB and Centre for Global Engagement – all helping students to optimise their university experiences, build real-world work-ready skills and make successful transitions into employment or further study.
- Careers support at Coventry is personalised and designed to help students maximise their potential. It includes support and advice to broker international work or study options, internships, accredited placements, volunteering opportunities, and to build entrepreneurship and enterprise skills.
- Students are also helped to build their job search capabilities, being prepared for rapidly changing job markets. Graduates have full continued access to the Careers service.
- Coventry University has strong links with both national and international employers. Students benefit from hosted engagement events where they meet and network with recruiters and other representatives from industry. Employers get actively involved with different aspects of students' development including advising on curricular content and hosting students for short or long-term work experiences.
- Health services include a GP practice on site along with a team of mental health advisers, a counselling service, welfare officers and a mental health mentor.
- There is online registration for both counselling and mental health.
- The counselling service offers one-to-one assessments, one-to-one counselling sessions, workshops for stress and anxiety and a range of different therapies.
- The university has a professional team which offers support to students with disabilities and specific learning difficulties throughout their time at university. This support starts pre-application, with familiarisation events on campus and support through the application process.
- The university has adapted student accommodation available for disabled students who choose to live in university accommodation.
- The university’s landscaped areas and buildings are fully accessible, providing an environment that can be used by everyone, including people with physical and sensory disabilities.
Other services and facilities
- The Centre for Academic Writing provides dedicated writing support, and Sigma, the Maths support centre, offers dedicated maths tutoring for all students on a drop-in basis. These services both offer workshops and online help, and are accessible to students from all campuses.
- The Disruptive Media Learning Laboratory brings together academics, learning technologists, subject librarians, educational developers and researchers. Its remit is to innovate and explore different approaches to learning, using 21st century methods like flipped classrooms, open courses, new models of online-learning, games science and gamification.
- The Student Engagement Centre contacts all prospective students to ensure they have the information that they need before they arrive at the university. Once on their course, it continues to supports students to become fully engaged in their studies.
- Coventry University Students' Union (CUSU) is based in The Hub and is led by elected Sabbatical Officers who act as a voice for the student body, along with nearly 1000 student reps. Democracy is a vital part of student life and shaping CUSU, representing important aspects of student life from housing and student media to the LGBT+ community.
- The Students' Union advice centre offers students a free, independent and confidential advice service regarding a wide range of problems. The volunteering department provides students with the opportunity to gain skills and enhance their CVs by volunteering in local schools, charity organisations or community groups.
- CUSU gives students the opportunity to get involved in over 200 clubs and societies, including cultural, academic and sports clubs; and events include Welcome Weeks for new students, a Summer Ball, a popular Varsity sports tournament and One World Week, a celebration of global culture and diversity.
- The university traces its roots back to 1843 and the Coventry School of Design. In 1970, Coventry College of Art, the Lanchester College of Technology and Rugby College of Engineering Technology combined to form Lanchester Polytechnic, named after the acclaimed automotive engineer Frederick Lanchester.
- Lanchester Polytechnic became Coventry Polytechnic in 1987, and then Coventry University in 1992.
- The modern university is a truly global institution, with partnerships and students in countries across the world. It also has a strong presence nationally. Coventry University London launched in 2010, offering business-focused courses at the heart of the capital’s financial district. More recently, flexible vocational courses have been introduced in three locations under the CU brand: CU Coventry, CU London and CU Scarborough.
- Coventry University has a full-size former RAF Harrier jump jet linked to a flight simulator for students to use.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Steve Rogers – Director, Google.
- Philippa Snare – Director for Business, EMEA, Facebook.
- Kevin De La Noy – film producer (The Dark Knight Rises).
- Gerry McGovern – Design Director and Chief Creative Officer for Land Rover.
- Linda Spence – Talent Director, EMEA, Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
- David Yelland – former journalist and editor of The Sun, founder of PR specialist communications agency, Kitchen Table Partners.
- Gideon Coe – BBC Radio 6 presenter.
- Debbie Isitt – film director (Nativity, Confetti).
Coventry University, , Priory Street, , Coventry , CV1 5FB