- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Quality teaching, a focus on employability, strong links with industry and an innovative and dynamic approach to learning are just a few highlights of studying with Coventry University.
- We place students at the heart of everything we do. We know you want excellent teaching, a great student experience and a career that makes your investment worthwhile. At Coventry University we aim to give you these opportunities.
- Our curriculum is reinforced with modules specifically tailored to provide you with essential employability skills. Coventry University is the first step towards your future career.
Top reasons to join Coventry University:
- A major campus investment programme has seen several new facilities including the Hub (our student centre), the Engineering and Computing Building and the forthcoming Science and Health Building (in 2017).
- Coventry has one of the most internationally diverse student populations of any university, with students from over 150 countries making the campus a vibrant and culturally rich place to study and socialise.
- We helped over 3,000 students study or work abroad in 2013–14 to experience a different culture, through an initiative led by our award-winning Centre for Global Engagement.
- 95% of graduates from Coventry University are in employment or further study within the first 6 months after graduation (source: DHLE 2013–14), a legacy of our career-focused courses, industry links and commitment to supporting and developing our students’ future prospects.
- Our London Campus is situated at the heart of the business district and offers an array of opportunities to study business related degrees and gain professional experiences within the industry.
- For those who want to integrate their studies into their working life, Coventry University College, located adjacent to the main University campus in Coventry, offers a range of flexible, professionally-accredited diploma and degree programmes to fit around any schedule.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- In order to obtain a Tier 4 student visa, you are required to demonstrate that you have the correct level of English language competency to study in the UK.
- Pre-sessional English courses – varied IELTS, minimum requirement is level 4.0.
- Foundation degree programme – minimum IELTS level 4.5.
- Undergraduate programmes – IELTS 6.0 or equivalent prior to entry.
- Top up courses – IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
- Postgraduate programmes – IELTS 6.5 or equivalent prior to entry.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university understands the big financial decision involved in studying overseas which is why a range of scholarships and discounts is available to support students along the way.
- Students who pay their tuition fee in full will be offered a 5% discount.
International students can also apply for:
- Merit scholarships
- University Research Studentship scheme
- Science without Borders scholarship, Commonwealth scholarship scheme
- Health and Life Sciences Scholarship
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- At Coventry University we have a dedicated orientation programme for our international students who are studying in the UK.
- The expert team at the International Office are on-hand from the moment you reach the UK to ensure that you settle quickly into life at the university.
- The welfare team provides a meet and greet service from Heathrow and Birmingham airports, and organises an International Welcome Week Programme to help our students settle in. This consists of social events, trips, campus tours, sporting activities and early enrolment.
- The university has a lively, multicultural campus with a diverse range of services that concentrates on our student’s wellbeing. Health care centre, Faith centre, Sports facilities and welfare support are just a few of the facilities we provide to our students.
Accommodation for International Students
- We are very proud of the varied choice and quality of accommodation we have to offer, which includes traditional halls of residence, catered, self-catered and en-suite rooms, all on or within close proximity of our campus.
- Living in university accommodation is a great way of meeting new friends and gaining a new-found independence.
- For most of our students this will be their first time away from home, and we will do our utmost to ensure that the move is as easy as possible.
- We would strongly recommend all first year students apply to live in university accommodation to help you meet new friends and to rapidly integrate into university life. Many International students choose to stay in university accommodation rather than taking on the additional responsibilities of being a private tenant.
- University-managed accommodation costs range from £105 to £153 per week (2015–16).
- Our friendly student accommodation team at Coventry University is here to help to find the right new home for you.
- Visit our website and look through the accommodation choices available and details on how to apply.
Organisations for International Students
The Students' Union (CUSU) is the centre of student social and democratic life, with regular entertainment and social events.
- From world cinema screenings to themed club nights and live performances,
- CUSU organises a full calendar of events throughout the academic year.
- CUSU is also the headquarters to the university's 80 or so clubs and societies and can provide free and confidential advice and support to students on a range of issues such as finance, housing and employment.
- As soon as you enrol at Coventry University you automatically become a member of this student-run, democratic organisation.
There are many cultural, faith and nationality based societies representing Coventry University's diverse global community of 150 nationalities, for example:
- African Student’s Union
- Hindu society
There are over 45 sports clubs with 100 teams playing every week. All students can join any club or society they wish.
- Coventry University has a carefully selected set of academic partnerships around the world to support its mission as a global enterprising university. We are proud to showcase our extensive and reputable portfolio of partners from over 25 countries worldwide.
Coventry University currently has three successful overseas campuses:
- Emirates Aviation University – study in Dubai with our partnership university.
- Kadir Has University – study a dual award programme in the heard of Istanbul.
- Southwest University of Political Science and Law – study in China with our partnership university.