- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Coventry University inspires international students to change their own life chances, and those of their home communities, through excellent academic teaching, practical knowledge and a truly British experience. As one of the leading study destinations in the UK, the university builds on a wealth of success stories from over 130 countries worldwide. It understands the unique needs of international students and supports them before, during and after enrolment.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
12,330 international students in 2016–17
- The International Office includes multilingual staff who manage international students' introduction to the university. Support starts with pre-arrival information on visas and immigration, finances and employment regulations, and continues throughout students' time at university.
- For international students arriving into Birmingham Airport or London Heathrow, the university offers a free airport Meet and Greet service on selected dates and times in September, January and May.
English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate courses – IELTS 6.0 or equivalent prior to entry.
- Top up courses – IELTS 6.5 or equivalent prior to entry, although some top-up courses that include English as part of the course accept 6.0.
- Postgraduate courses – IELTS 6.5 or equivalent prior to entry.
- The university offers pre-sessional English courses designed to help students obtain the required levels of English language proficiency before starting their main degree course.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university recommends that all new international students apply to live in university accommodation as this is a good way to meet people and integrate quickly into university life in a new country.
- University-owned accommodation for Coventry University students includes self-catered options in a student village environment, or rooms in catered halls. Subject to availability, first-year students can choose the option best suited to their budget and requirements. Most first-year accommodation is on or close to the university’s city-centre campus, so it’s a short walk to teaching buildings and other essentials such as the library, sports centre and the student support services and social facilities at TheHub.
- Rent for university-owned accommodation often includes utility bills and contents insurance, making it easier for students to manage their finances.
- Students at Coventry University London have various accommodation options close to campus. Halls of residence include studio and en-suite room options, with either private or shared communal facilities. The university also has a partnership with University of London Housing Services which assists students looking for private housing options.
- First-year students at CU Scarborough also have a number of local accommodation options, all within walking distance of the campus, town centre and beach.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.