University of Cumbria
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Cumbria is located in some of the UK's top tourist destinations, from the Lake District to London, with small, safe and friendly campuses. Tutors take the time to understand student needs, and many programmes get 100% student satisfaction. A low cost of living and affordable campus accommodation help students save money – and graduates have a great record of getting into further study or work on finishing their course.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
290 international students in 2017–18
English Language Requirements
Students may be asked for a recognised English language qualification (SELT – Secure English Language Test).
- Undergraduate: the standard requirement is IELTS 6.0 with at least 5.5 in each component.
- The level of English required depends on the degree course studied; please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees a room on campus for the first year if students apply by the deadline. Living on campus is very convenient, with lots of opportunities to make friends and take part in sports and social activities.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.