University of Cumbria
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Many first-year students opt to stay in halls of residence. Most students live off campus after the first year, and some new students prefer to do so from the start. Accommodation for first year applicants who accept the university as their firm choice is guaranteed – whether this is on- or off-campus can depend on when students apply, and availability.
- Nearly 1,200 rooms (many en-suite) are available across the campuses. Most students have their own study bedroom and share a kitchen, lounge and bathroom. A member of the residential life team is always on hand to help.
- There is a good choice of reasonably priced accommodation around the campuses. The university only advertises or leases properties that have been accredited and inspected to ensure they meet statutory safety regulations.
|Self-Catered||from £65 to £120 per week|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- The university's campuses are in some of the country's top locations. With a bustling city centre, beautiful surroundings and a wealth of history, Carlisle is a fantastic place to live and study. Alongside Carlisle and the internationally-renowned Lake District, historic Lancaster and buzzing London all bring unique and fantastic opportunities for students.
Nightlife and Culture
- Carlisle has developed an eclectic music scene and offers an abundance of restaurants and bars to eat and drink at. The city is home to several theatres, a cinema, bowling alley and a variety of other venues where students can enjoy an evening's entertainment with friends.
- Lancaster is a student city and thrives on welcoming young people into the community. With its fair share of pubs and clubs, Lancaster has a lively music scene, a selection of high street stores and independent boutiques to explore, and many other cultural sightseeing opportunities.
- In Ambleside, students can explore and immerse themselves in the spectacular Lake District landscape, with the largest lake and the highest mountain in England. Make the most of the campus sporting equipment to have a new adventure every week.
- Each campus is just a short walk from the nearest town or city centre.
- All campuses are extremely well connected by major road and rail networks.