- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) considers itself a global university, and one of the most diverse in the UK with students from 135 countries as well as record numbers of EU students. The university's #LoveInternational campaign visited key European countries to try to counter uncertainty following the result of the EU Referendum and share a positive message of welcome and support.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
5,185 international students in 2017–18
- DMU provides students with comprehensive pre-arrival guidance and information.
- The university operates a free airport coach pick-up service on specific dates during summer and autumn, to coincide with the start of some English language courses, and before International Welcome Week in September.
- Students are invited to join International Welcome Week prior to the start of academic studies.
English Language Requirements
- The university requires a IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent, with a minimum of 5.5 in every component.
- The dedicated Centre for English Language Learning (CELL) offers a range of courses designed to help students improve their language skills, before and during their studies.
Accommodation for International Students
- DMU guarantees accommodation for EU and international students, subject to certain criteria – please refer to the university website for details.
- Only students are eligible to stay in university halls; all rooms are single occupancy only.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a number of tuition fee discounts and country-specific scholarships for international students who wish to study a postgraduate course at DMU.