De Montfort University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- DMU guarantees accommodation for EU and international students, subject to certain criteria – please refer to the university website. It is unable to guarantee accommodation for Home students.
- DMU offers a range of high-standard accommodation for students, with 8 self-catering halls of residence offering a choice of mixed or same-gender flats, shared kitchen and laundry facilities, furnished bedrooms (some with en-suite facilities) and Internet access.
- All halls of residence are within ten minutes' walk of the campus.
- Plenty of privately-rented accommodation is also available close to the campus.
|Self-Catered||from £3,776 to £7,421 per year|
- City Population: 330,000
- Student Population: 30,000
- Leicester is colourful, confident, happy, proudly diverse, thriving on recent success and with a backstory covering 2,000 years of English history.
- Big enough and old enough to impress, compact and friendly enough to call home, Leicester's really good on those affordable student essentials and its central location means easy connections to UK cities and airports.
- Leicester has been named as the ninth best city in the UK in which to live and work, ahead of London, Brighton and Midlands neighbours Birmingham, Nottingham and Derby (2017 Good Growth for Cities Index).
Culture and Nightlife
- Today's Leicester is big on sport, shopping, food, music, theatre, film, comedy and culture, much of it happening in the city centre just minutes from DMU campus.
- Leicester is bursting with bars, clubs, pubs and restaurants. The city attracts big name bands, DJs and classical music performances.
- Leicester City Football Club, Leicestershire County Cricket Club and the Leicester Tigers Rugby Club are based here.
- DMU is a short walk from the centre of Leicester, and the city has miles of cycleways.
- There is a good cheap bus service and travel cards are available.
- Road links are good and Leicester is well served by the coach network.
- London is 93 miles away, and trains take 1 hour 10 minutes.
- The nearest airports are East Midlands (less than half an hour away) and Birmingham.