De Montfort University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Before you start making your mark, you need a place you can really call your own. There is a diverse range of private accommodation close to the DMU campus available to postgraduate students. SULets is the recommended lettings agency. It provides a free service for students and properties are inspected to ensure quality and compliance with safety, security and furnishing standards.
- At sulets.com, you can search for properties, submit a tenancy application, pay your rent, and even log maintenance issues. There is a Sulets office on campus for direct support.
- Sulets provides a wide selection of high-quality accommodation close to the university; a choice of properties, from studios in purpose-built accommodation through to shared houses for up to eight people; a no-fee agency service; straightforward tenancy agreements and a trusted and reliable service
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Postgraduate tuition fees vary between each course. Visit our postgraduate course listings for the most up-to-date information.
- We want you to succeed, without finance being an unnecessary obstacle. There is a range of funding opportunities to explore. Our Student Finance and Welfare Team offers support in a number of areas, including information about fees, grants and
- bursaries, and advice on bank accounts, benefits and bills.
- We currently offer the Vice-Chancellor's 2020 Scholarship
- for Home/EU DMU alumni for students who wish to continue their studies at DMU by enrolling on a postgraduate taught course. It offers a tuition fee discount of up to 50% to recent DMU graduates who achieved a 2:1 or above.
- We also offer a number of tuition fee discounts and country-specific scholarships for international students who wish to study a postgraduate course at DMU.
- DMU postgraduate courses receive continual input from leading employers and professional bodies and are underpinned by world-leading research. We keep them relevant and up-to-date, and provide you with the skills and experience employers expect from candidates in a competitive job market.
- We’re proud that DMU delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students, and of our reputation for transforming the lives of students from many backgrounds seeking a rewarding career. We have received 20 National Teaching Fellow awards in recognition of innovative and inspiring teachers.
- Our commitment to research creates students who are critical thinkers, who can take a lead in industry. In fact, Teaching Excellence Framework assessors, in giving us the top Gold award, highlighted research fed into the curriculum and research-led work placements. You can be confident we understand our university’s key role in industry, developing both technologies and skilled, sought-after workers. At DMU, the real-world experience you gain will leave you well placed to lead, too.
- We have internationally acknowledged research groups in cyber-security, transport, energy, water, advanced manufacturing and creative industries and a record of excellence in research that offers real-world improvements in health and wellbeing, infrastructure, creativity, economic growth and business.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
3,764 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 46%
- Part Time 54%
- UK 64%
- EU 5%
- Other 31%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||35||745||780|
|Subjects allied to medicine||70||455||525|
|Creative arts & design||60||190||250|
|Engineering & technology||45||195||240|
|Architecture, building & planning||10||155||165|
|Mass communications & documentation||20||55||80|
|Historical & philosophical studies||10||40||50|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.