De Montfort University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Before you start making your mark, you need a place you can really call your own. There is a diverse range of private accommodation close to the DMU campus available to postgraduate students. SULets is the recommended lettings agency. It provides a free service for students and properties are inspected to ensure quality and compliance with safety, security and furnishing standards.
- At sulets.com, you can search for properties, submit a tenancy application, pay your rent, and even log maintenance issues. There is a Sulets office on campus for direct support.
- Sulets provides a wide selection of high-quality accommodation close to the university; a choice of properties, from studios in purpose-built accommodation through to shared houses for up to eight people; a no-fee agency service; straightforward tenancy agreements and a trusted and reliable service
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Postgraduate tuition fees vary between each course. Visit our postgraduate course listings for the most up-to-date information.
- We want you to succeed, without finance being an unnecessary obstacle. There is a range of funding opportunities to explore. Our Student Finance and Welfare Team offers support in a number of areas, including information about fees, grants and
- bursaries, and advice on bank accounts, benefits and bills.
- We currently offer the Vice-Chancellor's 2020 Scholarship
- for Home/EU DMU alumni for students who wish to continue their studies at DMU by enrolling on a postgraduate taught course. It offers a tuition fee discount of up to 50% to recent DMU graduates who achieved a 2:1 or above.
- We also offer a number of tuition fee discounts and country-specific scholarships for international students who wish to study a postgraduate course at DMU.
- DMU postgraduate courses receive continual input from leading employers and professional bodies and are underpinned by world-leading research. We keep them relevant and up-to-date, and provide you with the skills and experience employers expect from candidates in a competitive job market.
- We’re proud that DMU delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students, and of our reputation for transforming the lives of students from many backgrounds seeking a rewarding career. We have received 20 National Teaching Fellow awards in recognition of innovative and inspiring teachers.
- Our commitment to research creates students who are critical thinkers, who can take a lead in industry. In fact, Teaching Excellence Framework assessors, in giving us the top Gold award, highlighted research fed into the curriculum and research-led work placements. You can be confident we understand our university’s key role in industry, developing both technologies and skilled, sought-after workers. At DMU, the real-world experience you gain will leave you well placed to lead, too.
- We have internationally acknowledged research groups in cyber-security, transport, energy, water, advanced manufacturing and creative industries and a record of excellence in research that offers real-world improvements in health and wellbeing, infrastructure, creativity, economic growth and business.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
3,764 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 46%
- Part Time 54%
- UK 64%
- EU 5%
- Other 31%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||35||745||780|
|Subjects allied to medicine||70||455||525|
|Creative arts & design||60||190||250|
|Engineering & technology||45||195||240|
|Architecture, building & planning||10||155||165|
|Mass communications & documentation||20||55||80|
|Historical & philosophical studies||10||40||50|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.