- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
At De Montfort University Leicester (DMU), postgraduate students will deepen their knowledge and widen their experience to open up their career options. Courses are underpinned by world-leading research and receive continual input from leading employers and professional bodies, giving students up-to-date skills and experience for the job market. With a number of outstanding educators, the university was awarded Gold under the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF 2017) as a mark of its teaching quality, and students are supported by a dynamic and diverse community.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,844 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 57%
- Part Time 43%
- UK 63%
- EU 3%
- Other 34%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||45||890||930|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||55||405||460|
|Art & Design||0||210||210|
|Accounting & Finance||0||180||180|
|Librarianship & Information Management||10||155||165|
|Communication & Media Studies||25||100||125|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||85||85|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||10||60||70|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||55||55|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||15||30||45|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||40||40|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||35||35|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The university offers a range of funding options, please refer to the university website for details. These include:
- Vice-Chancellor's 2020 Scholarship: a tuition fee discount of 50% to recent Home or EU DMU graduates who achieved a 2:1 or above, enrolling on a postgraduate taught course.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Sulets is the recommended lettings agency for DMU students. Sulets provides a diverse range of private accommodation close to the DMU campus, from studios in purpose-built accommodation through to shared houses for up to eight people. Sulets is a free service for students and properties are inspected to ensure quality and compliance with safety, security and furnishing standards.