University of Derby
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
Free airport pick-ups are available for new students from a number of UK airports on selected dates in September and January as part of the welcome and induction programme.
English Language Requirements
- If English isn’t the student's first language they will need an English language qualification.
- International students applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate course will normally need at least IELTS: 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in all areas).
Accommodation for International Students
- The university highly recommends that students book their accommodation before arriving in the UK.
- All international students who apply for accommodation by 31 July are guaranteed a room in halls of residence. After this date, if halls of residence are fully booked, the university will help students find suitable accommodation elsewhere.
- The halls of residence are all within walking distance of campus and a regular bus service is also available.
- Students do not have to move out of halls during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Free overnight food pack plus bed pack supplied for every international student.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.