- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Students are guaranteed place in halls if they apply for accommodation before the specified deadline, and have made the university their firm choice.
- Facilities include free Wi-Fi in every bedroom, freeview TV via PC or laptop, free room contents insurance, and a free weekly cleaning service for all communal areas.
- Halls have social spaces with table tennis, pool, TV and more, plus events and activities.
- On-site laundry, plus night time security and CCTV.
- Free bike storage, and car parking (extra charge).
- City Population: 248,752
- Student Population: 16,290
- Derby is a small city with lots happening. Whether you love socialising, shopping, sports or culture, there's something for you. The Peak District National Park is right on the doorstep, perfect for those who enjoy walking, climbing, canoeing or other outdoor sports.
- Derby is ranked as the second best place in the country to make a living, based on a comparison of median wages versus mortgage repayments, cost of living and the health of the job market. In 2016, Derby ranked sixth in the UK in terms of average weekly wages and joint fourth for super-fast digital connectivity.
- Arguably the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution, Derby is now home to world-leading engineering and advanced manufacturing firms including Rolls-Royce, Toyota and Bombardier.
Culture and Nightlife
- Derbyshire is home to the Y Not? and Download Festivals and there are great live music venues in the city too. Derby’s nightlife is centred around Friar Gate area, with many clubs and bars.
- The city's many venues for arts, cinema and theatre include QUAD, the leading arts venue in the city, and Derby Theatre which is owned by the university. Derby also hosts Format, the international photography festival, and the annual Derby Feste.
- Other visitor attractions include Derby Gaol, Derby Silk Mill, Pickford’s House Museum and Derby Cathedral.
- Derby is home to Championship Football Club Derby County, and Derbyshire County Cricket Club; Donington Park is a short distance from the city, one of the most popular motorsport circuits in the UK.
- The city has a modern indoor Velodrome, a BMX track, a number of other sports facilities including Moorways Sports Complex, Springwood Leisure Centre, Queen’s Leisure Centre, and several parks.
- The university runs Unibus, a free bus service for students. It links all the University of Derby sites, the main halls of residence, Derby city centre, Markeaton Park, Derby train station, supermarkets and the Royal Derby Hospital.
- Derby's central location means that the city has extensive transport links with the rest of the country. The M1 motorway passes about ten miles to the east of the city.
- The main station, Derby Midland, is served by express trains to London (one hour 40 minutes), the north east and south west.
- East Midlands Airport is 15 miles from Derby city centre.
- Local bus services run frequently in and around Derby.