- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Derby offers a wide range of postgraduate courses including master's degrees, postgraduate certificates, postgraduate diplomas, professional qualifications and research degrees such as MPhil and PhD. Renowned for the outstanding quality of its teaching and for its internationally recognised research community, it provides industry-relevant postgraduate qualifications, first-rate facilities and flexible access to support and guidance.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,893 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 35%
- Part Time 65%
- UK 90%
- EU 3%
- Other 7%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||20||310||330|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||100||105|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||80||85|
|Art & Design||5||40||45|
|Accounting & Finance||5||35||40|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||40||40|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||10||30||35|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||20||25|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||25||25|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||15||15|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||15||15|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||5||10|
|Physics & Astronomy||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- University of Derby alumni can receive up to 25% discount when they progress to postgraduate study (terms and conditions apply). Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students can apply to live in the halls of residence, which are all within easy reach of university campuses.
- Accommodation options include a small complex of apartments, or being immersed in the full swing of student life by sharing with undergraduates in larger and more traditional halls of residence.