University of Derby
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Postgraduate students can apply to live in the halls of residence, which are all within easy reach of university campuses.
- Accommodation options include a small complex of apartments, or being immersed in the full swing of student life by sharing with undergraduates in larger and more traditional halls of residence.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- University of Derby alumni are eligible to receive a 10% discount on their fees for postgraduate courses at Derby.
- Other support may be available. please refer to the university website for details or contact the Student Money Advice and Rights Team (SMART).
- Derby has a growing research portfolio across a range of subject areas and particularly seeks applications for doctoral research in the following areas: Art and Design; Media and Performing Arts; Biological Sciences; Business and Management; Communication, Cultural and Media Studies; Computer Science and Mathematics; Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences; Education; Engineering; Health and Social Care; Law; Psychology.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,924 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 31%
- Part Time 69%
- UK 88%
- EU 3%
- Other 9%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||30||705||735|
|Business & administrative studies||30||360||390|
|Engineering & technology||5||150||155|
|Architecture, building & planning||5||50||50|
|Creative arts & design||5||25||30|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||15||15|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||10||10|
|Historical & philosophical studies||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.