- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
The University of Derby offers a wide range of postgraduate courses including master's degrees, postgraduate certificates, postgraduate diplomas, professional qualifications and research degrees such as MPhil and PhD. Renowned for the outstanding quality of its teaching and for its internationally recognised research community, it provides industry-relevant postgraduate qualifications, first-rate facilities and flexible access to support and guidance.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,893 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 35%
- Part Time 65%
- UK 90%
- EU 3%
- Other 7%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||20||310||330|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||100||105|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||80||85|
|Art & Design||5||40||45|
|Accounting & Finance||5||35||40|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||40||40|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||10||30||35|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||20||25|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||25||25|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||15||15|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||15||15|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||5||10|
|Physics & Astronomy||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- University of Derby alumni can receive up to 25% discount when they progress to postgraduate study (terms and conditions apply). Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students can apply to live in the halls of residence, which are all within easy reach of university campuses.
- Accommodation options include a small complex of apartments, or being immersed in the full swing of student life by sharing with undergraduates in larger and more traditional halls of residence.