Distance Learning with the University of Bradford - Lauren
Lauren currently works as physiotherapist within dementia care. She wants to take her career to the next level and believes that studying for an MSc Dementia Studies at the University of Bradford will facilitate her progression.
Why did you choose to study via distance learning?
- I work full time so needed the flexibility that the distance learning format affords.
How did you find the application process?
- Really straightforward and great communication from the university.
Was it easy to find useful information about distance learning?
- The information was really easy to find via electronic systems
How do the fees compare to traditional courses?
- Good value for money, the fees were certainly affordable in comparison to full-time study.
How are you finding the experience of studying via distance learning?
- I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I found the course entailed enough flexibility so that all modules applied directly to my areas of work and I was able to implement positive changes to my organisation.
- The tutors also demonstrated excellent teaching practice, helping me apply the theoretical and best practice principles to my own work.
Any obvious benefits to studying via distance learning when compared to traditional teaching courses?
- I have the flexibility to work when it suits me.
Does the university support your learning well?
- Very well. The tutors offered much availability and were flexible to meet my childcare and working needs.
What do you plan to do after your course?
- I plan to directly apply what I've learnt, in particular the findings of my dissertation. I'm considering doing a PhD in a few years time.
Do you feel that studying via distance learning will help you to achieve your ambitions?
- I have gained specialist knowledge in the area of dementia care and have developed skills to be able to reflect on practice systematically, develop achievable projects and provide teaching. This achievement will allow me to practice as a physiotherapist specialist in dementia care.
More about distance learning.
- Take a look at our profile for the University of Bradford.