University of Dundee
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Dundee is a warm and welcoming university within a student-friendly city.
- There are a number of local shops and supermarkets which supply international food and cooking ingredients, and the local community also has places of worship for Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist and Hindu faiths.
- The university provides students with facilities for prayer and reflection in the Chaplaincy.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- Minimum IELTS is typically 6.0 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in each of the other three components.
- However, some subjects require a higher level.
- Please visit the website for more details.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A range of scholarships are offered for international students.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- Arrangements can be made to meet international students on their arrival at Edinburgh Airport immediately before the start of the semester.
- All new international students are given arrival packs by the International Advice Service and there are specific sessions for international students during Welcome Week.
- A number of events are arranged in the first semester to help international students settle into Dundee and have the opportunity to visit attractions, etc, outside Dundee.
- Previously our international students have enjoyed a Scottish ceilidh (dance), a visit to Glamis Castle and a weekend trip to the Highlands.
Accommodation for International Students
- All new entrant students are guaranteed a place in university accommodation if they apply for it before the deadline.
- All accommodation is self-catered and en-suite, with Wi-Fi and cable access to the university’s superfast broadband network allowing free internet access.
- International students are usually spread throughout residences.
- Most accommodation is on the city campus or 5 minutes walk away. West Park Halls are between the city campus and Ninewells Hospital (where medical and nursing students are taught) and are only about 25 minutes walk from the city campus.
- Students do not have to move out during the vacations – contracts are for the full 39 weeks including Christmas and Easter vacations.
- University accommodation on campus costs £124.81 per week for standard en-suite (2015–16).
Organisations for International Students
- All student societies welcome international students.
- The International Students Society is very active and arranges a variety of events and activities throughout the year.
- In addition, a number of country societies also exist.