- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Dundee is a welcoming place for international students: over a quarter of its staff and students come from more than 140 countries. Student clubs and societies include Islamic, African, and Caribbean societies and more; and international supermarkets, restaurants and communities are to be found in the city. At the university, overseas students can study the first stage of a four-year undergraduate degree at International College Dundee, where English language skills and subject-specific modules are taught, building their confidence and knowledge.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,890 international students in 2017–18
- International offer-holders are invited to join a closed Facebook group hosted by the International Engagement team. They will answer questions, provide help and advice where necessary, and welcome all applicants to the Dundee community.
- The university's International Engagement Team provide support from application through to arrival, helping with visas, accommodation, what to pack, travel, and more.
- On arrival, arrangements can be made to meet international students at Edinburgh Airport immediately before the start of the semester. All new international students are given arrival packs by the International Advice Service, and there are specific sessions for international students during Welcome Week.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to the university website for English language requirements.
- The university offers pre-sessional and in-sessional English language courses for students looking to improve their English.
Accommodation for International Students
- All new entrant students are guaranteed a place in university accommodation if they apply before the deadline. International students are usually spread throughout residences.
- Most accommodation is on the city campus or 5 minutes' walk away. West Park is located between the city campus and Ninewells Hospital (where medical and nursing students are taught) and is around 25 minutes’ walk from the city campus.
- All accommodation is self-catered and en-suite, with free Wi-Fi and cable access to the university’s superfast broadband network.
- Students do not have to move out during the vacations – contracts are for the full 39 weeks including Christmas and Easter vacations.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university recently invested £1.4 million in its Global Excellence Scholarships to attract the best and brightest students to Dundee.
- Generous bursaries and scholarships are available to eligible international applicants.
- Please refer to the university website to use the scholarship finder tool.
- In the first semester there are a number of events to help international students settle in and explore the area; past outings have included a Scottish ceilidh (dance), a visit to Glamis Castle and a weekend trip to the Highlands. Other opportunities to socialise include events celebrating Scottish traditions, such as Burns Night in January, or meeting other students in the newly opened Global Room.
- The university's Student Services team and International Advice Service are on hand to answer questions. They can provide help with the English language, support on settling in to student life in Scotland, or assistance with academic or personal issues.
Quick Guides to International Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about fees and funding for international students.
- Get information about fees and funding for EU students.