- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Within the University of Dundee, International College Dundee offers international students the chance to study the first stage of an integrated four-year undergraduate degree. English language skills are taught along with subject specific modules to build students' confidence and knowledge. With 18,000 students from 145 countries and 3,000 staff from 72 countries, Dundee is a truly global institution.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,120 international students in 2016–17
- Arrangements can be made to meet international students on their arrival at Edinburgh Airport immediately before the start of the semester.
- All new international students are given arrival packs by the International Advice Service and there are specific sessions for international students during Welcome Week.
- A number of events are arranged in the first semester to help international students settle into Dundee and have the opportunity to visit attractions outside Dundee. Previously international students have enjoyed a Scottish ceilidh (dance), a visit to Glamis Castle and a weekend trip to the Highlands.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to the university website for English language requirements.
- The university offers pre-sessional and in-sessional English language courses for students looking to improve their English.
Accommodation for International Students
- All new entrant students are guaranteed a place in university accommodation if they apply before the deadline. International students are usually spread throughout residences.
- Most accommodation is on the city campus or 5 minutes' walk away. West Park is located between the city campus and Ninewells Hospital (where medical and nursing students are taught) and is around 25 minutes’ walk from the city campus.
- All accommodation is self-catered and en-suite, with free Wi-Fi and cable access to the university’s superfast broadband network.
- Students do not have to move out during the vacations – contracts are for the full 39 weeks including Christmas and Easter vacations.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.