- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- There is no guarantee that accommodation will be available but in previous years the university has been able to offer a limited number of single rooms to postgraduate students.
- To maximise the chances of obtaining a room in their preferred college, the university strongly recommends that students apply and pay their booking fee as early as possible.
- Ustinov College is a specific college for postgraduate students; since a high proportion of postgraduate students are international, this college has a high international student population.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Durham Alumni can qualify for a 10% reduction in Masters tuition fees costs.
- Nearly 100 scholarships of up to £3000 are available for students meeting the specified criteria.
- Durham Doctoral Scheme provides support for university-funded PhD studentships.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,547 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 73%
- Part Time 27%
- UK 47%
- EU 9%
- Other 44%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||115||1265||1380|
|Historical & philosophical studies||270||235||505|
|Subjects allied to medicine||35||30||65|
|Engineering & technology||40||15||55|
|Creative arts & design||25||5||30|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.