- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Durham University Business School
- Financial Times Global MBA Ranking (2019) 86
The Durham MBA Full-time study
- The Durham MBA provides core modules to build a foundation of managerial knowledge, while elective modules allow the MBA to be tailored to particular interests. Three pathways are available: entrepreneurship and new venture creation, explored in different contexts; consultancy and project management, where students gain insight into the hard and soft skills needed for success in this area; or technology innovation and business analytics.
- Students can experience the tensions of a real life leadership challenge in the boardroom. Chaired by experienced company executives, it draws together students' skills and tests them in a live context.
- A strategic business project offers students the chance to put theory into practice by spending time in an organisation on a real life project – either through consultancy or an internship, gaining experience and enhancing their professional networks.
- Students visit leading global companies to understand and evaluate the complex nature of different dimensions of their business, with a range of destinations and challenges available. As part of the programme, students can study a language including German, Mandarin Chinese and Spanish.
- On the 15-month MBA, students can undertake a three-month internship to explore a new industry role or, if students aspire to be an entrepreneur, explore a business plan, funding options, and gain access to mentoring.
- 12-month and 15-month options available.
Executive MBA – Durham–EBS
- The Durham–EBS Executive MBA combines the strengths of two of Europe's most respected business schools: Durham University Business School and the European Business School in Germany. They provide an exciting and dynamic programme, with valuable insights into the business world from both an Anglo-American and continental European perspective.
- The Durham–EBS Executive MBA is taught on a modular part-time basis in the UK and Germany, with two six-day residentials in Durham (UK) and eleven three-day core courses (Thursday–Saturday) in Oestrich-Winkel (Germany), five three-day elective courses in Germany, UK or elsewhere, and an optional six-day international study week.
- The seven modules are based around five core themes and there is a wide choice of electives: managing in the global competitive environment, managing finance, managing people, managing in the global environment, improving management decision-making, strategic management, and methods of inquiry.
- 12 or 15 months.
The Durham Online MBA
- International business demands 24/7 flexibility: the personalised Online MBA programme is for students who work in this dynamic environment and are planning to take their career to the next level, wherever their location, allowing them to meet their career goals.
- Students can study fully online, or via a blended approach with a combination of online and residential modules. Students can attend an annual Summer School in Durham.
- Structured around a two-year study calendar, the course comprises five core modules, two optional modules and a strategic case analysis.
- Comprehensive induction and a virtual learning environment with a virtual campus facilitates social networking with fellow students wherever they are in the world.
- Please visit the university website for more details.
- Two years.
Quick Guides to MBA Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Durham University Business School, Durham University, Millhill Lane, Durham, DH1 3LB