- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
The University of East Anglia (UEA) is an internationally renowned, campus-based university situated in beautiful parkland on the outskirts of the vibrant city of Norwich. UEA ranks highly in national league tables, consistently in (or just outside) the top 20 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2016–2020. A pioneering British university, it leads the way in fields as diverse as climate change, health sciences, creative writing and more.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
4,200 international students in 2017–18
- Wherever students travel from, a warm welcome awaits them at UEA.
- A meet and greet service is offered at Norwich Airport, London Heathrow Airport and Norwich Train Station.
- An exciting programme of events in the orientation week helps students to settle into life at UEA and make friends.
English Language Requirements
The minimum English language requirement is below, however some courses require a higher score. Please refer to the university website for details.
- Undergraduate courses: IELTS 6.0 minimum.
- Postgraduate courses: IELTS 6.5 minimum.
Accommodation for International Students
- All international students have the option to apply for accommodation at the university and in the centre of Norwich. Subject to eligibility criteria, all first year international students new to UEA are usually guaranteed accommodation as a single student in university residences.
- The university offers a variety of accommodation options and prices to suit different budgets. Around 4,000 student rooms are available, including a small number of two-bedroom units for students with families. All rooms are self-catering, with free Internet access included in the price. All residences on campus are no more than a few minutes' walk from each other, while residences based in Norwich are within cycling distance.
- All students are required to sign an accommodation contract for a minimum of 38 weeks; students do not have to move out of their accommodation during vacations.
- Please refer to the university website for further information.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a wide range of scholarships designed for international students.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.