University of East Anglia (UEA)
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- UEA and Norwich offer a safe, friendly and comfortable place to live.
- You can apply for campus-based or private rented postgraduate accommodation. The Union of UEA Students also manages private sector letting agency ‘Home Run Lettings’ with an office based on campus dedicated to helping students find suitable accommodation across Norwich.
- There is guaranteed on-campus accommodation for international (non-EU) students. Please refer to the university’s website for further information.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- UEA offers a wide range of scholarships for postgraduate students. Please refer to the university's website for more information, eligibility criteria and details of how to apply.
- There are also a wide range of scholarships designed for international students.
- UEA also provides useful information and guidance on the new UK Government Postgraduate Loan scheme which has been set up to support learning at Postgraduate level.
- Please visit the university’s website for information about fees and funding.
- Four faculties provide research-led teaching in a range of subjects across the Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, and Medicine and Health Sciences.
- UEA is part of the Norwich Research Park, one of Europe's biggest concentrations of clinicians, researchers and scientists in the fields of environment, health and plant science.
- UEA is a research-intensive institution, ranked in the world’s top 100 for research citations (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018).
Master's and Diplomas
- UEA offers a huge selection of Postgraduate courses ranging from short CPD courses, to diplomas, master's and doctorates whether you want to develop your specialist knowledge, or diversify your expertise to widen your career choices.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,497 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 65%
- Part Time 35%
- UK 61%
- EU 6%
- Other 33%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||25||750||775|
|Subjects allied to medicine||65||440||505|
|Historical & philosophical studies||85||100||185|
|Mass communications & documentation||55||105||160|
|Creative arts & design||35||75||105|
|Medicine & dentistry||5||70||75|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||15||15|
|Engineering & technology||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.