- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of East Anglia (UEA) offers a huge selection of courses for students considering a masters or other postgraduate programme – whether students want to develop specialist knowledge, or diversify their expertise to widen up career choices. Students may also be able to benefit from a range of postgraduate scholarships and bursaries.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,935 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 64%
- Part Time 36%
- UK 66%
- EU 5%
- Other 29%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||50||315||360|
|Accounting & Finance||0||235||235|
|Geography & Environmental Science||70||165||235|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||45||100||145|
|Communication & Media Studies||25||90||120|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||30||20||50|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||25||25|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||20||20|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||20||20|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- UEA offers a wide range of scholarships for postgraduate students. Please refer to the university website for more information, eligibility criteria and details of how to apply.
- There are also a wide range of scholarships designed for international students.
- UEA also provides useful information and guidance on the new UK Government Postgraduate Loan Scheme.
- Please refer to the university website for information about fees and funding.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- UEA and Norwich offer a safe, friendly and comfortable place to live.
- Students can apply for campus-based or private rented postgraduate accommodation. UEA Students' Union also run a housing bureau on campus, Home Run.
- There is guaranteed on-campus accommodation for international (non-EU) students. Please refer to the university website for further information.