University of East London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The university runs an induction programme for international students, including a series of events designed to help students settle in and make new friends. The induction includes practical information sessions as well as social activities designed with international students in mind.
- UEL provides a free airport pick-up service and an Orientation Day, and was voted No.1 in London for visa advice in the International Student Barometer.
English Language Requirements
- English requirements vary dependant on the course. Please refer to the university website for further details, or contact the university directly.
Accommodation for International Students
- There is accommodation on campus for up to 1,200 students and priority is given to applicants from outside the UK.
- Accommodation on campus is self-catered, wired internet is available in all dorm rooms, and Wi-Fi is available across both campuses.
- International students are spread evenly across the halls of residence. Students can usually stay in their accommodation during Christmas and Easter vacations, but normally move out over the summer.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.