University of East London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- More and more international students are choosing to study at UEL. This is because you’ll be living in one of the world’s greatest cities and learning in a safe, inspiring environment with superb facilities. We are an international community with over 160 different countries represented in our student and staff.
- We’ve doubled our output of world-leading research over the past six years, and the upward trend is continuing. By coming here, you’ll benefit from the support and expertise of world class researchers and leading professionals - all operating in Europe’s biggest regeneration area.
- Our strong links with our East London communities means our courses have real-world applications built into their DNA. You’ll have opportunities to work on community related projects to give your studies relevance long after you leave us.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- English requirements vary depending on the course for which you are applying.
- Please check with the university for more information.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers generous scholarships.
- More information is available online.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- The university runs an induction programme for international students, including a series of events designed to help students settle in and make new friends. Our induction includes practical information sessions as well as social activities designed with international students in mind.
- We run a comprehensive welcome programme.
- We provide a free airport pick-up service and an Orientation Day, which gives you all the information you need to settle in.
- UEL was voted number one in London for visa advice in the International Student Barometer.
Accommodation for International Students
- We have accommodation on campus for up to 1,200 students and priority is given to those applying from outside the UK.
- University on-campus accommodation is self-catered; wired internet is available in all dorm rooms, and wifi is available across both campuses.
- International students are spread evenly across the halls of residence.
- Students can usually stay in their accommodation during Christmas and Easter vacations, but are normally be asked to move out over the summer.
Organisations for International Students
- There is an International Students Society.