University of East London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
UEL welcomes students from all over the world: with 134 different nationalities represented, international students truly learn as part of a global community. Students benefit from professional mentoring in their field and one-to-one guidance, as well as the opportunity to develop their skills through internships in multinational or local East London companies.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,260 international students in 2017–18
- UEL runs an induction programme for international students, including a series of events to help students settle in and make new friends. The induction includes practical information sessions as well as social activities designed with international students in mind.
- UEL provides a free airport pick-up service and an Orientation Day, as well as advice regarding visas.
English Language Requirements
- English requirements vary, depending on the course choose. Please refer to the university website for details or contact the university for advice.
Accommodation for International Students
- There is accommodation on campus for up to 1,200 students and priority is given to applicants from outside the UK.
- Accommodation on campus is self-catered, wired Internet is available in all rooms, and Wi-Fi is available across both campuses.
- International students are spread evenly across the halls of residence. Students can usually stay in their accommodation during Christmas and Easter vacations, but normally move out over the summer.
- UEL's Centre for Student Success offers study skills sessions including academic writing, English, mathematics and IT.