University of East London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of East London is an inclusive university with a unique community of postgraduate students, academics, professionals and researchers drawn from around the world. It welcomes students from all walks of life and its commitment to providing transformative education to all, runs through everything it does.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,510 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 47%
- Part Time 53%
- UK 85%
- EU 4%
- Other 11%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||45||155||200|
|Accounting & Finance||0||85||85|
|Art & Design||40||25||65|
|Librarianship & Information Management||25||35||55|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||35||35|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||30||30|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||20||20|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||20||20|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||5||5|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||5||5|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The Student Money Advice and Rights Team (SMART) provides personal advice about tuition fees and funding options, including the university's generous package of scholarships and bursaries.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- A modern student village, located by the waterfront at the Docklands campus, is home to almost 1,200 students. Accommodation is available to undergraduate and postgraduate UEL students studying at Docklands or Stratford campuses.