Edge Hill University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- All subject areas feature 'internationally excellent' or 'world-leading' research (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- One of the safest campuses in the UK, independently assessed to have the lowest crime rates in the north west of England and 5th most crime free in England and Wales (Complete University Guide 2014).
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- GCSE English language: grade C or above.
- IELTS. UG, 6.0 overall, with no individual element less than 5.5; PG Taught, 6.5 overall, with no individual element less than 5.5; PG Research, 7.0 overall, with no element less than 6.0.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Edge Hill University has a number of scholarships and bursaries available.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- International students are collected from Manchester or Liverpool airports.
- The university organises a comprehensive orientation programme, which includes a welcome reception, local excursions and a Global Friends programme, where new international students are paired with a UK student who acts as a buddy and mentor.
Accommodation for International Students
- Edge Hill University guarantees on-campus accommodation to all international students, providing they apply by the advertised deadlines.
- Accommodation can be catered or self-catered, and en-suite facilities are also available. Wireless internet is provided in all university accommodation.
- Female only accommodation is available.
- International students are placed throughout the accommodation on campus, depending on their choice of accommodation.
- Most accommodation contracts allow students to leave their belongings in their rooms over vacation periods, depending on the type of accommodation and contract signed by the student.
- Prices range from £68 to £115 per week (2016–17).
Organisations for International Students
- International Student Society.
- Chinese Student Society.
- International Students are also free to join any society within the university.
- Visit the website for details of all clubs and societies.