Edge Hill University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Edge Hill University offers a range of scholarships for International students, along with excellent pre-arrival and on campus support from Edge Hill's International Office. Students who do not meet its English language entry requirements may be eligible for the university's eight-week pre-sessional English language courses, or the International Foundation Year.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
285 international students in 2016–17
- Weekly information emails are sent to students six weeks in advance of their arrival.
- International students can sign up in advance for the university's 'Global Friends' scheme and any trips or events during the orientation week.
- Free meet and greet service at nearby airport/train stations on specific arrival dates.
- Free transportation from nearby airport/train stations on specific arrival dates.
- The International student orientation week includes tours, trips, information sessions and events.
English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate: IELTS overall score of 6.0, with no element below 5.5, or equivalent.
- Postgraduate Taught: IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no element below 6.0, or equivalent.
- Postgraduate Research: IELTS overall score of 7.0, with no element below 6.5, or equivalent.
- Please refer to the university website for details of other acceptable English Language tests.
Accommodation for International Students
- Edge Hill University guarantees on-campus accommodation to all international students, providing they apply by the advertised deadlines.
- Accommodation can be catered or self-catered, and en-suite facilities are also available. Wireless Internet is provided in all university accommodation.
- Female only accommodation is available.
- International students are placed throughout the accommodation on campus, depending on their choice of accommodation.
- Most accommodation contracts allow students to leave their belongings in their rooms over vacation periods, depending on the type of accommodation and contract signed by the student.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.