Edge Hill University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- All full-time, first year foundation and undergraduate students who make Edge Hill their first choice university, have firmly accepted an offer and applied for university accommodation within the prescribed period are prioritised for university accommodation.
- The award-winning accommodation provides nearly 2,500 rooms on campus, including catered and self-catered options. En-suite rooms in the majority of halls of residence have Freeview TV and a fridge, as well as a spacious shared kitchen. Rent includes utility bills and free Wi-Fi.
- The university provides a broad range of accommodation options to suit a wide variety of budgets and requirements. All halls are within easy walking distance of lectures, the library, the Students' Union, the Sports Centre, theatres and other facilities.
- The town centre is a ten-minute walk or two-minute shuttle bus journey from the campus. Average rent in private accommodation in Ormskirk is between £85–105 per week.
|Catered||from £4,480 per year|
|Self-Catered||from £3,040 to £5,090 per year|
- Edge Hill University is close to the thriving market town of Ormskirk which is home to a lively nightlife, plenty of high street shops, banks and supermarkets, and many cafés and restaurants.
- A street market has been held in Ormskirk for more than 700 years and takes place every Thursday and Saturday with around 100 stalls selling everything from clothes, food and flowers to handmade gifts.
- The seaside resort of Southport is nearby and the university is only a short distance from stunning areas of unspoilt natural beauty, such as the sand dunes and pinewoods of Formby.
Culture and Nightlife
- Alongside regular themed nights at Edge Hill's nightclub, The Quad, students can chill out in the Students' Union bar, take part in the weekly quiz, or join the karaoke club. The university's on-campus Arts Centre offers cheap and free films, comedy, open mic nights, drama and dance to students and the public. Destinations for student nights out off-campus include Liverpool, Manchester and Wigan.
- Liverpool is a short train ride away, with attractions including The World Museum, International Slavery Museum and The Beatles Story, along with major art galleries Tate Liverpool and the Walker Art Gallery. Liverpool's theatres include musicals and plays directly from the West End along with innovative new works. The Liverpool Biennial delivers the largest international contemporary art festival in the UK.
- Premier league football teams in the area include Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City, with live Championship football available at Preston North End; the region has a number of rugby league teams, and golf clubs at Royal Birkdale or Hoylake – or crazy golf at Southport. Horseracing's major event, the Grand National, takes place at nearby Aintree.
- Located in the heart of the North West, Edge Hill University is situated close to the town of Ormskirk and the cities of Liverpool and Manchester.
- The Edge Link bus offers a fast and reliable service running between Ormskirk and the university campus every 15 minutes, and it is free for students.
- From Ormskirk train station there is a regular service running to and from Liverpool and Preston, journey times are approximately 30 minutes.
- A number of buses connect Ormskirk to the surrounding area.