Edge Hill University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Edge Hill is proud of its recent accolades, achieving TEF Gold for delivering consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students and its status as a world-class institution. Edge Hill offers a range of industry-led programmes in a variety of subject areas; most are available on a full-time, part-time or flexible basis with advanced study and research options. Postgraduate awards include PGCE, MA, MSc, MBA, MRes and PhD.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,205 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 36%
- Part Time 64%
- UK 95%
- EU 1%
- Other 4%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||10||20||30|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||15||25|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||15||15|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||5||5|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
|Accounting & Finance||0||5||5|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Edge Hill has a wide range of scholarships and bursaries to offer both prospective and current students. Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Although undergraduate students are given priority when it comes to halls of residence, the university will consider applications from postgraduate students with additional requirements.
- Support is provided via the university website to help postgraduate students find accommodation if they’re coming to live from outside the area.
- The Accommodation Team can provide assistance to help students find the right accommodation, including a list of local lodgings and local private landlords. A free bus service operates between campus and the town centre.