Edinburgh Napier University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Edinburgh Napier's postgraduate courses are designed in consultation with leading business and industry figures, covering a full range of academic subjects and vocational fields. The university has strong links with industry and its courses are accredited internationally. A range of Executive Masters courses, designed for professionals looking to develop their skills, allow students to study where they want, when they want.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,390 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 50%
- Part Time 50%
- UK 63%
- EU 21%
- Other 16%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||30||555||585|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||105||105|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||85||85|
|Art & Design||20||60||80|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||80||80|
|Accounting & Finance||15||45||60|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||20||20|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Many of Edinburgh Napier's scholarships and bursaries are open to applications from both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- The university also offers a scholarship of £3,000 specific to students from African nations who wish to study a postgraduate course.
- The number of scholarships is limited and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- There is no guarantee of accommodation for postgraduate students but applications can be made online from the relevant date, provided students have an unconditional offer. Places are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The university can offer a standard 39-week or extended 50-week tenancy as required; normally postgraduate students are housed in separate flats from undergraduate students.