Edinburgh Napier University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Edinburgh Napier welcomes applications from postgraduate students and offers places on a first-come-first-served basis.
- It can offer a standard 39-week or extended 50-week tenancy as required and normally houses postgraduate students in separate flats from undergraduate students.
- There is no guarantee for postgraduate students but applications can be made online from the relevant date, provided students have an unconditional offer.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Many of the scholarships and bursaries that Edinburgh Napier offers are open to applications from both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- The university also offers a scholarship of £3,000 specific to students from African nations who wish to study a postgraduate course.
- The number of scholarships is limited and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applications can also be made for the Carnegie Cameron Taught postgraduate bursaries. This is a specific amount to help with costs of fees for full-time (1 year) taught postgraduate masters courses offered by a Scottish university.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- There are 2 ways an individual can apply: via an advertised position or by presenting their own research topic. 1st or 2nd class honours degrees from a UK institution are a normal requirement but all applications are considered on an individual basis.
- All studentship vacancies are advertised on the Edinburgh Napier website along with extensive guidance on how students can present their own potential research topic.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,226 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 48%
- Part Time 52%
- UK 61%
- EU 20%
- Other 19%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||70||775||840|
|Subjects allied to medicine||30||390||415|
|Engineering & technology||10||255||265|
|Creative arts & design||15||105||120|
|Architecture, building & planning||15||90||105|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||85||85|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.