The University of Edinburgh
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Annual Undergraduate Tuition Fees 2018
- Full-time first degree students from Scotland and the non-UK EU will be charged £1,820, and have their tuition fees paid by the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS).
- Full-time first degree students from the rest of the UK (RUK) pay the following:
|2018 RUK fee||£9,250|
Information was taken from university websites and was correct at time of publishing. These are subject to change, please check university websites for exact figures.
- Check fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Find out more about university tuition fees and financial support wherever you're from and wherever you're planning to study.
- Use our Student Loan Calculator to estimate when you would repay your loan.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Edinburgh Scholarship provides the most generous support of any UK university for those with a family income of less than £16,000. Automatic awards of between £520 and £8,500 are being offered to England, Wales and Northern Ireland domiciled undergraduate students.
- The Scotland Scholarship provides the most generous support of any UK university to Scotland-domiciled students. Automatic awards of between £500 and £3,000 are being offered to Scotland domiciled undergraduate students and who are in receipt of a Young Students’ Bursary or an Independent Students’ Bursary.
- 15 Lloyds Scholarships will be offered, with each scholarship of up to 4 years, worth a total of £19,000 to the most successful scholars. In addition scholars will be offered up to 2 ten-week paid internship at Lloyds, one of which must be taken during the summer holiday before their final year.
- A number of Edinburgh UNITE Accommodation and Access Bursaries (open to UK students who are care leavers) will be offered with each award covering the full accommodation costs while staying at Portsburgh Court in Edinburgh for the length of their period of study (maximum of 4 years).
- Industrial Scholarships within the Schools of Engineering and the School of Informatics and Chemistry of £1,000. Opportunities to undertake a paid work placement over the summer months are also available.