The University of Edinburgh
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The International Student Advisory Service provides immigration advice and on-course student support services to all non-UK students at the university.
- The Airport Welcome Team meets new students arriving at Edinburgh Airport at the main arrival point in September each year.
- A day-long International Day is provided to orientate students around the practical challenges of their first few weeks.
- Opportunities to open bank accounts and register with the police are provided on campus throughout Welcome Week.
English Language Requirements
- English language requirements vary between degrees.
- The university accepts the following English language qualifications: IELTS; TOEFL-iBT; PTE; CAE; CPE; iGCSE; Trinty ISE.
- Please refer to the university website for specific language requirements required for each course.
Accommodation for International Students
- All new international undergraduates are guaranteed an offer of university accommodation for their first year of study.
- All undergraduate residents are spread evenly amongst UK/EU students in university accommodation.
- Postgraduate research students are guaranteed an offer of accommodation during all years of studying at the university.
- Postgraduate taught students coming from outside the EU are guaranteed an offer of accommodation.
- Students may stay in their accommodation during vacations.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.