University of Essex
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Full-time undergraduate students at Colchester or Southend campus are guaranteed university-provided accommodation for the first year of study, so long as they apply by the specified deadline.
- The award-winning university accommodation comprises single study bedrooms grouped in self-contained flats of varying sizes, with communal kitchen-dining facilities. There is something to suit every budget, and free Wi-Fi across campus.
- The university's Residence Life network creates a harmonious, community based environment. A Residents’ Assistant (RA) based within each area of accommodation ensures students have opportunities to get involved in social activities, as well as dealing with any complaints or queries.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
|Number of university/college beds||3,200|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£3,480–£5,023|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£3,200–£4,100|
|Number of university/college beds||489|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£5,528–£6,818|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£4,800–£5,100|
East15 (Loughton) Campus
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£5,312–£6,723|
- The Colchester campus hosts its own bars, cafés, nightclubs, restaurants, health centre, banks and even a hair salon - and it's only a 10-minute bus journey to the town centre.
- The Southend Campus is a modern and lively campus based in the heart of the vibrant seaside town.
- The Colchester campus is a short bus journey from the town centre or from the railway station, with trains to central London taking less than 1 hour – or take a bus journey to Brightlingsea for a day at the beach.
- London Stansted airport is nearby with connections across Europe, and coach services to Colchester or Southend.
- The Southend campus is less than 1 hour by train to London, and also close to London Southend Airport with flights to Spain, France and more.
Culture and Nightlife
- Colchester is brimming with history and culture, and also host to an array of bars and nightclubs in the centre of town. Colchester Castle lets visitors experience the town's history with chariot racing, excavating a Roman doctor's grave, or exploring the vaults. In the town are retro clothing shops, cafés and old-school sweet shops.
- Southend is affectionately known as ‘London’s playground’; the town has award-winning nightlife, live music, comedy shows and theatre, or the simple pleasure of fish and chips on the beach. Thrill-seekers can take a ride on the rollercoasters at Adventure Island – or there's sailing, kitesurfing and cycling along the coast.