University of Essex
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Essex takes a broader view of the world's most pressing problems, advocating an interdisciplinary approach. Students are encouraged to get involved with departmental research. From speaking at conferences to working as a laboratory assistant, there are plenty of opportunities for students to make their mark whilst gaining valuable experience for their career.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,390 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 64%
- Part Time 36%
- UK 62%
- EU 11%
- Other 27%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||10||160||170|
|Business & Management Studies||25||130||155|
|Accounting & Finance||40||115||155|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||0||60||60|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||10||25||40|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||10||20||30|
|East & South Asian Studies||0||15||15|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||10||10|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||5||5|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university has a comprehensive package of bursaries and scholarships to ensure all students have the potential to succeed. Please refer to the university website for details, including the Scholarship Finder.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- All full-time postgraduate students are guaranteed university accommodation, providing their academic place is confirmed and they apply by the published deadline.
- Postgraduate students are required to make a pre-payment of £250 when they accept their offer of accommodation.