University of Exeter
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Exeter has a global reputation for excellence, combining world-class teaching and research in welcoming, vibrant and picturesque locations in Devon and Cornwall. Its friendly community of over 5,900 international students, from more than 130 countries, receive fantastic careers support and are fully prepared for life and work after university.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
6,160 international students in 2017–18
- The International Students' Guide contains practical information to prepare for living and studying at the University of Exeter.
- Opportunities are provided for students to connect with seniors and their new classmates prior to arrival on social media
- A meet and greet service from Heathrow International Airport is bookable online from July.
- Freshers' Week, held immediately before the start of term in September, is a chance to get to know the local area, register with a health centre, open a bank account, meet representatives of societies and campus organisations and make new friends.
English Language Requirements
- Students who are nationals of a majority English-speaking country may be accepted without an English qualification if they can demonstrate that they are able to understand written and spoken English to the required level during the application process.
- Students who are not a national of a Home Office-defined majority English-speaking country may need to submit evidence of proficiency in English to the university's required standards before starting a degree programme. If they have previously completed a full degree programme in a majority English speaking country, this may not be required.
- If a student's academic qualifications or English language skills do not meet the university's direct entrance requirements, they may be eligible for an INTO University of Exeter bridging programme.
- Please refer to the university website for English language requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- Unaccompanied international students, and full-academic-year study abroad or Erasmus students, are guaranteed an offer of university accommodation for the first year of their studies, providing they return their application form and deposit by the deadline.
- The International Student Support Office assists with immigration issues including the renewal of student visas and advice on bringing family to the UK. It also coordinates a wide range of cultural events in partnership with student societies.