University of Exeter
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Exeter is home to a supportive community of over 4,000 postgraduate students, offering an inspiring environment to pursue a master's or PhD. Postgraduate open days enable students to see if the university is right for them, running in November and March every year in Exeter and Penryn. Scholarships and funded PhD programmes are available; please refer to the university website for details.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,563 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 69%
- Part Time 31%
- UK 63%
- EU 6%
- Other 31%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||30||480||510|
|Accounting & Finance||15||475||490|
|Geography & Environmental Science||75||35||110|
|Middle Eastern & African Studies||80||20||100|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||35||55||85|
|Physics & Astronomy||85||0||85|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||35||10||45|
|Theology & Religious Studies||25||10||35|
|Classics & Ancient History||15||15||30|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||5||5|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||0||5|
|Russian & East European Languages||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Postgraduate scholarships and funded PhD programmes are offered annually across a wide range of disciplines in science, engineering, mathematics, medicine, humanities and social sciences.
- Students can search for funding via the University of Exeter's funding database on the university website. This contains scholarships offered by the university as well as numerous bursaries and non-academic scholarships.