- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Exeter offers an inspiring and collaborative environment for students to pursue a masters or PhD. Combining world-class teaching and research in exceptional locations in South West England, the university is home to a supportive community of over 4,000 postgraduate students. Students value the university because it puts them first, helping them gain the knowledge, skills and attitude to excel.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,915 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 71%
- Part Time 29%
- UK 61%
- EU 7%
- Other 33%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||40||540||580|
|Accounting & Finance||20||440||460|
|Middle Eastern & African Studies||75||25||100|
|Geography & Environmental Science||60||30||90|
|Physics & Astronomy||85||0||85|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||30||40||70|
|Classics & Ancient History||10||30||40|
|Theology & Religious Studies||20||15||35|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||35||0||35|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||0||5|
|Russian & East European Languages||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Postgraduate scholarships and funded PhD programmes are offered annually across a wide range of disciplines in science, engineering, mathematics, medicine, humanities and social sciences.
- Students can search for funding via the University of Exeter's funding database on University of Exeter's website which contains scholarships offered by the university as well as numerous bursaries and non-academic scholarships.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The University of Exeter guarantees to offer accommodation to all unaccompanied first year postgraduates from outside the EU.