- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The University of Exeter guarantees to offer accommodation to all unaccompanied first year postgraduates from outside the EU.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Students can search for funding via the University of Exeter's funding database on the university's website.
- This contains details of every PhD studentship and Masters scholarship offered by the university, as well as numerous bursaries and non-academic scholarships.
- It can be searched by subject, fee status, campus, level of study and more to help identify suitable funding.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,295 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 76%
- Part Time 24%
- UK 57%
- EU 7%
- Other 36%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||75||785||865|
|Historical & philosophical studies||160||65||225|
|Engineering & technology||110||75||185|
|Medicine & dentistry||105||0||105|
|Creative arts & design||35||40||75|
|Subjects allied to medicine||5||20||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.