Glasgow Caledonian University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Glasgow Caledonian University is truly a global institution. Founded in 1875, its ethos is informed by a 142-year Scottish heritage. Its students in Glasgow, London and New York originate from over 100 countries – and an alumni network of over 120,000 comprise a diverse group of people excelling in their fields in over 140 countries.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
This institution did not take part in the TEF. Participation is voluntary. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,630 international students in 2016–17
- GCU offers a free airport meet and greet taxi service for new international students arriving at Glasgow International Airport, who are studying on a full-time programme at GCU.
- A student welcome programme offers a week of social and informative events, such as how to register with a doctor and open a UK bank account.
- A global buddies programme pairs international students with home students; buddies can help with settling into university life, getting to know the city and its culture and making new friends.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
English Language Requirements
- Please note: some programmes may have higher minimum requirements.
- General standards are: academic IELTS 6.0 with no single element below 5.5; or Trinity College London, Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – Pass at Level III; or Pearson PTE Academic with overall score of 54, minimum score of 51 in Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing elements; or GCSE or IGCSE in English or English as a First Language with grade C.
- INTO GCU offers programmes and courses for international students seeking additional support to meet the academic and English language requirements for direct entry to university.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students who apply early are guaranteed accommodation.
- Students tend to be housed together, depending on age group, and do not have to move out of their accommodation during Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Accommodation is at GCU’s Caledonian Court, located just across the road from the campus. Housing 660 students in 100 modern self-catering apartments, it offers a friendly atmosphere in a secure, convenient location with staff on site. All rooms have Internet/Wi-Fi access.
- Accommodation fees include Internet access, electricity and heating.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.