- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Glasgow Caledonian University is truly a global institution. Founded in 1875, its ethos is informed by a 142-year Scottish heritage. Its students in Glasgow, London and New York originate from over 100 countries – and an alumni network of over 120,000 comprise a diverse group of people excelling in their fields in over 140 countries.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
This institution did not take part in the TEF. Participation is voluntary. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,790 international students in 2017–18
- GCU offers a free airport meet and greet taxi service for new international students arriving at Glasgow International Airport, who are studying on a full-time programme at GCU.
- A student welcome programme offers a week of social and informative events, such as how to register with a doctor and open a UK bank account.
- A global buddies programme pairs international students with home students; buddies can help with settling into university life, getting to know the city and its culture and making new friends.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
English Language Requirements
The general English language requirements are shown below, noting that some programmes may have higher minimum requirements. Please refer to the university website for details.
- IELTS academic 6.0 with no single element below 5.5; or Trinity College London ISE pass at Level III; or Pearson PTE Academic 54 overall (minimum of 51 in all elements); or GCSE or IGCSE in English or English as a First Language with grade C.
- INTO GCU offers programmes and courses for international students seeking additional support to meet the academic and English language requirements for direct entry to university.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students who apply early are guaranteed accommodation.
- Accommodation is at GCU's Caledonian Court, located just across the road from the campus. Housing 660 students in 100 modern self-catering apartments, it offers a friendly atmosphere in a secure, convenient location with staff on site. All rooms have Internet/Wi-Fi access. Accommodation fees include Internet access, electricity and heating.
- Students tend to be housed together, depending on age group, and do not have to move out of their accommodation during Christmas and Easter vacations.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Amongst a range of scholarships and studentships, the university invites international applicants to fulfil their potential to contribute to the common good with the help of a postgraduate ambassador scholarship.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Quick Guides to International Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about fees and funding for international students.
- Get information about fees and funding for EU students.