Glasgow Caledonian University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Caledonian Court provides self-catering flats for 660 students, each with six to eight bedrooms, all with Wi-Fi. Rooms are also equipped for students with special needs or disabilities.
- Caledonian Court is part of the campus and is convenient for all amenities in the centre of Glasgow. Support is always on hand through the on-site accommodation and security office.
- Glasgow Caledonian's Accommodation Office also maintains a regularly-updated list of private accommodation.
- City Population: 593,000
- Student Population: 45,000
- Cosmopolitan Glasgow is Scotland's largest city. From GCU's central location students can enjoy great shopping, restaurants, cinema, and theatre. The city also hosts a multitude of free art galleries and museums.
- Glasgow means 'dear green place' and the city boasts a great number of parks and green spaces.
Culture and Nightlife
- Live music is very popular with numerous venues ranging from the SSE Hydro to the Barrowlands; a vibrant pub and club scene rivals that of any other major UK city.
- The city boasts a large number of theatres, museums and galleries, including the famous Burrell Collection, as well as being home to the Scottish opera, ballet and national orchestra.
- Like most cities Glasgow has many cinemas, including four multiplex and two independents — the largest is just a two minute walk from the campus.
- The Glasgow Science Centre features a Science Mall and an IMAX cinema.
- The Glasgow Subway (metro or underground) and local bus service ensure students are spoilt for choice with regards to public transport.
- Two major railway stations serve the city; London is four hours by train.
- Coaches depart from Buchanan Street Bus Station (right next door to the GCU campus) to most major UK cities and Glasgow International Airport.
- Glasgow International Airport, seven miles to the west of the city, provides a number of international and domestic destinations including transatlantic flights.