Glasgow Caledonian University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- GCU offers a wide range of innovative full-time and part-time postgraduate programmes with many flexible study options.
- For example you can study via distance learning, online or on day release.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 2,840 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 58%
- Part Time 42%
- UK 58%
- EU 7%
- Other 35%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||96||828||924|
|Subjects allied to medicine||144||677||821|
|Engineering & technology||66||238||304|
|Architecture, building & planning||64||133||197|
|Creative arts & design||0||57||57|
|Mass communications & documentation||3||31||34|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A range of scholarships and bursaries including the International Student Bursary, merit-based scholarships, early deposit payment discount.
- We guarantee a place in our student accommodation, the award-winning Caledonian Court, to our postgraduate students.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- Our international postgraduate students can access our award-winning support services, whether for visa advice, an opportunity to make new friends or help finding a job.
- The Graduate School offers support and skills training for research students and researchers.