Glasgow Caledonian University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Glasgow Caledonian University attracts a diverse, international student and teaching community who contribute to an exciting range of postgraduate taught and research programmes. Its focus is to develop ideas and practises that can transform industries, by challenging perceptions around the impact of day-to-day decisions and broadening ideas by looking to other cultures.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,874 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 62%
- Part Time 38%
- UK 65%
- EU 7%
- Other 29%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||75||285||360|
|Accounting & Finance||10||125||135|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||70||70|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||65||65|
|Art & Design||0||35||35|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||25||25|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||20||20|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||15||15|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for details of bursaries and scholarships.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students are guaranteed a place in GCU's award-winning Caledonian Court student accommodation.